This week’s essential round up of all the best bits from the world of slot cars, plus a special feature on a seven time Le Mans winning manufacturer
- 1/64 slot car haulers A couple of lovely HO slot car haulers by Mazda on the Transportation thread
- Custom Drag Cars An HO recreation of the Flying Dutchman Dodge drag car, also by Mazda
- Lotus 23 A/B George Turner has now released the Lotus 23, with two models available, the Lotus 23 A/B and Lotus 23C
- Pendle Slot RacingCarrera Evolution 2021 cars are now available for Pre-Order from Pendle Slot Racing
- TeamSlot Ford Escort X-PackStaffs Slot Cars have been dropping some photos of the forthcoming TeamSlot Ford Escort X-Pack cars. Get your pre-orders in now with your favourite dealer, these are expected to sell out fast.
- Lotus 30 Tamiya candy lime green and an aluminium chassis. Gorgeous newbie build by Ken
- Tyre truing was one of the issues of the week on the forum…
- The LibraryWe’ve updated the Library with some great new additions…
- South Coast HO DragsterThree new issues of South Coast HO Dragster, the fanzine for the Rock County Raceway’s HO Drag Proxy series of 2020 and 2021
This week we take a look at a marque that took victory at Le Mans no fewer than seven times, won numerous sports car events, competed in F1, and now races in Formula E.
A British manufacturer that were renowned for making some of the best looking cars ever, one of which was supposedly described by Enzo Ferrari as “the most beautiful car in the world”.
Of course, it’s the big cat, Jaguar.
- The Real Story Behind Jaguar One of the most important and iconic car heritages of all time…
- Jaguar celebrates Le Mans-winning C-type with continuation series A limited number of new C-type Continuation cars will be hand-built at its Classic Works facility in Coventry 70 years on from the original.
- Jaguar D-Type An excellent example of what happens when you take an aeronautical engineer and have him design you a racing car.
- A Brief History of the Jaguar Mark II The British bank robber’s favourite getaway car
- Jaguar Mark II The Gentleman’s Express
- The Jaguar E-Type The Jaguar E-Type is ‘the most beautiful car ever made’
- 1978 Jaguar XJ-S Group 44 Trans Am Group 44’s finest work.
- Jaguar XJR-9The Jaguar XJR-9’s iconic wheel covers added a ton of downforce
- Revisiting The Design Of Jaguar’s XJ220 Supercar Form And Function: – Stylistically, “It had to have the underpinnings of a race car,” Keith says, and as a result, everything needed to be designed and styled with performance and function in mind.
- Jaguar Vision Gran TurismoThe Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo is an electric video-game futuremobile
- Jaguar Racing DNA Jaguar’s long and illustrious history in motorsport has forever informed the evolution of our road cars
Tracks & Scenery
- Batch of slightly modified and repainted figures Hub gives a masterclass to lightly modify standard figures to give them a unique look.
- Track Plans We’ve added Ninco plans for Daytona International Speedway, both the tri-oval, and the road course
- My little 3 lane wooden track A wonderful routed track
- Electric Vehicle Triathlon Proxy Event An event comprising three aspects of competition, Rally, Sprint, and Drag Race, for models of Electric Vehicles, specifically the Jaguar I-Pace. The event will take place in May 2021 and entries or notes of interest are invited on the thread.
- WHO Winter Rally SprintThe WHO Winter Rally Sprint continues with it’s regular weekly news drop from Rally HQ on Wednesdays, and reports from two more special stages over the course of the weekend
- HO Drag Proxy The HO Drag Proxy continues its closely fought Winter Series this week, with round 9 taking place on Tuesday 9th & Wednesday 10th February
- Worldwide slot car chat on Zoom! The ongoing Zoom meetings continue, with Mr Flippant dropping us regular news of the time and date of each meeting and posting videos, and BARacer supplying the summaries.
- 1/43 Slot Car Zoom Meeting Lloyd also has the 1/43 slot car chat going on.
- SmartRace – Race Control App for Carrera Digital 132/124Version 4 has been released, and qpwr has posted the list of additions and fixes.
- For the Slot Classic collector So much more than 50 models – all three Collector’s Guides in a luxury slipcase, with hard covers, glossy paper, high quality pictures, and texts written in three languages: Spanish, English and German.