Week 49? Crikey! That means Christmas isn’t far away…
- Slot.it Lola B12/80 LMP2 This stunning new livery on Slot.it’s Lola B12/80 will be available this week. Modelled on the works Mazda car from the 2014 12 Hours of Sebring, you can find more over in the News section of the forum.
- Nissan Skyline Turbo Racer Sideways have announced a new Castrol-liveried Nissan Skyline Turbo Group 5. Expected to be available from retailers very soon.
- TTS March 782 Formula 2 TTS have announced the imminent arrival of a 1:24 scale single-seater – the legendary 1978 March 782 F2 car. There’s lots more over in the News section of the forum.
- Volkswagen Beetle Trailer & Vespa A limited edition of just 20 units, this is one the Hobbyclassic Project series dedicated to the Volkswagen Beetle transporting different Vespa models manufactured between 1946 and 1985.
Big in Japan
- SlotRacer Facebook Group There are wonderful posts from all around the world on the SlotRacer Facebook group. A perfect example are Mamoru’s postcards from Tokyo – combining cars, food and club tracks. What a brilliant window on slot car racing in Japan. Arigatou Mamoru!
Slot Car Racing
- GT3 Proxy 2022 The cars for the 10 race GT3 proxy series are all lined up and ready to go. Cgyracer has posted comprehensive details and photos of the cars and video of Round 0.
- Lotus 23 wood carving Carver has started a marvellous old fashioned build thread, sharing his work hand carving three Lotus 23 bodies. Lovely stuff.
- Ferrari 350 Can-Am 1:24 scale slot car maestro Michael Niemas created this incredible Ferrari Can-Am. Starting from a Fein-Design-Modell body shell, Michael’s craftsmanship is incredible. You can see how he did it in this mesmerising YouTube video.
- The ultimate slot car room? Planning a slot car track is a lot of fun – but this race track, rally stage, Autocross oval and railway line is exceptional. Jason is the master of track plans, so Bayview International will be one to follow closely – especially as he’s just added a seafront track for some Edwardian racers!
- Model Car Racing #121 The latest edition of Robert Schleicher’s magazine is out now. Together with the latest news, track plans and features, there’s a focus on 1970 Trans-Am and 1957 Le Mans models. The full contents are in the News section of the forum.
- Mazda RX7 Group B We featured the Maralic slot car model of the Group B RX-7 earlier this year. The real car caused a bit of a stir at the recent Tour de Corse Historique. Photojournalist Will Broadhead pays tribute to the rotary-engined Group B racer in pictures and words over on the Petrolicious website.
- Vote for your favourite World Rally Car DirtFish are running a poll to decide rally-fans’ favourite World Rally Car. Spanning the period 1997 to 2021, there are plenty to choose from, but will fans pick a championship winner – or a cult classic like the Škoda Octavia? The closing date is Tuesday 7 December – so make your vote count.
- Bathurst 1000 The final round of the 2021 Supercars Championship took place at Mount Panorama this weekend. The 64th Bathurst 1000 saw crowds of spactators returning to enjoy the usual spills, thrills and mischievous local wildlife – plus bidding farewell to retiring seven-time champion Jamie Whincup. You can catch up on the race with a magnificent 20-minute highlights video on the Supercars website.
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix A tense championship battle, a tricky street circuit and plenty of rookies with something to prove… The inaugural Saudi Grand Prix was always going to be eventful. Follow the fall-out on the F1 website.
- Ice Racing: e-Trophée Andros 2021-2 The Andros Trophy is a great way to fill the winter motorsport void. It’s essentially Rally-Cross on ice – featuring some top drivers from across various disciplines, plus celebrities and manufacturer-prepared cars. The venues are in France and Andorra – stretching across from the Alps to the Pyrénées – and the series started this weekend at the Val Thorens ski resort.
- Sebring Classic 12 Hours The sixth annual Historic Sportscar Racing Classic Sebring 12 Hours rounded of a fabulous week of historic racing at the legendary Florida track. Check out the Vintage Motorsport magazine website over the next few days for plenty of photographs of the action.