14th-Oct-21, 04:52 PM
(14th-Oct-21, 02:12 PM)Graham Wrote: So what for about another contest, I think many of the current participants would be up for another go next year. And since I am the proud owner of both SCX and now (not so cheap) NINCO track, I would certainly be up for it. So hopefully if I can persuade the existing hosts or even more to help me organize another one next year then it should happen.Points taken, but vehicles dont have to be odd road to be RAID, look at the 2CV & Renault 4, and of course the Porsche 959.
The timing would have to be different as this year with the Le Mans Proxy in October as well, it really was abit too much at the same time. So I would be thinking that it might be best to bring it forward to around July time next year, a couple of months after the next Road Race.
I am quite happy to leave the class classification's as they are, and quite liked using the number of laps completed as the measurement in this series, as mostly the vehicles are leaving the track on numerous occasion's![]()
Scratch Builds.
Well for me this would mean revising the rules;
A) The vehicle should be "off road type" nothing against Bernie's worthy winning Panda, but I think so as to not have to make too so may trips to put the car back on the track, I would want to specify that any vehicle entered would need to have a minimum track clearance on around 4.5mm based on at least the NINCO cars standard. Police cars are welcome but they should be a Range Rover off road type. We should not be having to remove obstacles in order to allow some scratch built cars to run, as it potentially penalizes the other scratch built cars which are more so made for the purpose the class was intended for.
B) I would prefer all scratch built cars t have the long drop arms (8cm), so we can raise the scope of obstacles to be encountered like with the Pro -cars etc.
C) All 4 tyres of a car reaching the track surface, this makes even more sense for these cars to give stability at the front. Several of the cars in this event could just not cope with the obstacles because the front wheels were no where near to the track surface.
D) Guides should not protrude outside of the body, hence you should not be able to see the guide if viewed from above.
So that's all for now,
hope you all enjoyed either participating in or following and I look forward to running "Extreme Slotting 2022" next year
Dont worry, the police force have realised their mistake and will be making sure that their raids are not RAIDS
My scratchbuild for the next one is on the planning bench, it will LOOK like a RAID car even if not necessarily immediately considered a RAID vehicle, watch this space.
Thanks to all the hosts and my fellow entrants, I've really enjoyed it, just wish there'd been some videos, maybe next year.
NB
Your mention of a rule change stating that the guide mustn't protrude will be hard to enforce, RAID vehicles by nature have short overhangs, and looking at my SCX Mitsubishi sitting here the guide sticks out the front, and its a box standard car.
Bernie, racing since 1969

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)
but sadly at the moment I would probably be the only entrant.