Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting
#61

The SCX 4L can be upgraded with the 75mm frame mitoos, then you will have a long arm and very much better frame and suspensions.
Exept if you want special fun and playing a balancing, I strongly do not recommend the lovely SCX 2CV.
[+] 3 members Like Marcury's post
Quote
#62

Morning  Wavegreen

Graham  -  One more to add to your list...SCX  Citroen 2CV,  surprisingly it is a Raid type car, 4x4 plus drop arm guide,  and as Marcury says, so much fun.

Regards Magnets. 

Whilst going over obstacles they do very little. 

Between obstacles,  or on longer sections which link sections of Off Road Track, they can make a big difference.  Especially if you are linking Ninco Off Road with standard Ninco track.  

So a class for Magnatraction,  and a class without is a good suggestion, especially first time around.
[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post
Quote
#63

Hi Gpa113,
yes I just noticed that one shortly after posting, sounds really interesting to  Idea 

I will add it onto the list and post again after a few days in case someone spots some other cars I missed (which I am pretty sure there must be)
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#64

(4th-Apr-21, 06:33 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Ah, not knowing specific vehicles, I was searching 'SCX Raid' and 'SCX Dakar'.

If you copy and paste this exact phrase when searching eBay

(off road,, raid.)

It brings up a fair selection of all makes.
[+] 2 members Like CMOTD's post
Quote
#65

(5th-Apr-21, 02:57 PM)CMOTD Wrote:  
(4th-Apr-21, 06:33 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Ah, not knowing specific vehicles, I was searching 'SCX Raid' and 'SCX Dakar'.
If you copy and paste this exact phrase when searching eBay

(off road,, raid.)

It brings up a fair selection of all makes.

I dare not look now with something on its way in the post...I wish I hadn't heard about the 2CV now!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#66

Wavegreen Hi GUYS,

SADLY I HAVE TO ANNOUNCE ABIT OF  U-TURN ON MAGNETS  Tappingfoot

I did some basic comparisons of SCX versus Ninco Raid cars to day, and there is a VERY BIG difference between them in regards to magnetic attraction on the various type of tracks. In fact the Nincos magnets are so strong that they hold the car chassis with magnets upside down on the track.  It is quite obvious to me now that the Nincos were made essentially to compete only with each other in regard to magnetic attraction to the rails, and similarly SCX with drop guides were made with lesser magnet attraction to compete with similar slot cars.

So I will revise the event format and rules to make it a non -magnet Proxy event.

PLEASE SEE REVISED FORMAT AND RULES

[attachment=13908]
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#67

sorry , this maybe off topic a little , but 
during one of my many YouTube trawls , i came across 'ORLANDOO'

does any1 have any experience with these 1/32 rc off roaders ?
could they be easily converted to raid ?
similar price to a raid car , but look to be far more mechanically realistic with 1;1 type drive trains , suspension and even CV joints!
also there are some lovely extra bits and bobs for the diorama guys out there  

just thought i would give graham something else to think about  Bigsmile
sorry graham

kev
Quote
#68

If anyone is on facebook and is interested, there is a Facebook group set up for this event. Feel free to join in and post pictures of your builds/any questions or tips you might have.
The group can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3763204423763461

Cheers Thumbup
Quote
#69

wanted to build something different for C2
and a silly thought has been circulating in my head for a week or so 
so i bought a scalextric Datsun 4x4 donor car off the bay 
   
tbh , good job its a donor , as its a bit of a shed 

anyhow instead of clogging up this thread i will post in the face book group as it progresses 

kev
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#70

Wavegreen I had two issues raised today, but they are kind of related.

The first was "can the old SCX sand Buggies be entered ?"

Also the question about " RTR MSC/ Scaleauto type models and scratchbuilt should be in the same class or in separate classes ? "

In terms of performance I am informed that the SCX sand buggies are probably no better than the modern cars/trucks in Class 1 .
And in the 2nd point it is not clear if MSC or Scaleautos would run better or not than a well made scratchbuild.

So rather than add a complicated matrix of different classes, especially as we don't have any idea hoe many entrants we might have.

What I will do is suggest that if desired , entrants can enter up to 2 different Raid vehicles per class.

So in class 1 for SCX/Scalextric/Ninco's - you can enter a Ninco off road car and a Scalextric sand buggy.
And in class 2 for MSC/Scaleauto/Avant RTR, scratchbuild etc, you can enter a RTR  and a Scratchbuild type vehicle.

But for this event there will be no combined winners awards, only the winner for each class1 & 2 regardless of type of vehicle which wins.

The Format & rules have been revised below

.pdf Exteme slotting rules v3.pdf Size: 51.73 KB  Downloads: 216


In terms of fees, the additional cars will need to be reflected in additional fees. Don't know how yet but will decide at the end of May
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)