All the best bits of week 37…
- Bauer HO American Muscle Project Coming soon from Bauer Originals is an exciting new range of HO scale muscle car models to fit the classic Aurora Thunderjet chassis.
- BRM 1:24 Scale VW Sciroccos Expected any day now are the first two BRM Sciroccos, plus a pair of white kits. The story of these cars is over in our BRM 2022 thread in the News forum.
Tracks & Scenery
- Le Mans Miniatures Ferdinand Porsche, Enzo Ferrari & Track Marshal Figures Available now in 1:32 scale are these new figurine releases from Le Mans Miniatures. The highly-detailed and ready-painted figures create a classy highlight on any slot car layout.
UK Slot Car Shows
- Havant Scalextric Fair & Fun Day A swapmeet in the town where Scalextric originated – Havant, near Portsmouth – on Sunday 25 September. More details and table booking info via the event Facebook page.
- NSCC Leeds Northern Swapmeet This is one for all northern slot car fans – Sunday 9 October, just off the M62 near Leeds. Contact the NSCC for more details and for table bookings.
- Orpington Slot Car Swapmeet A change of name, but it’s still Phil Smith’s extravaganza of slot car goodies in the London commuter belt. The next is on Sunday 20 November – there are more details and table booking info on his website.
- Winter Slot Car Market The organisers are probably still recovering from May’s wonderful UK Slot Car Festival – but the Winter Slot Car Market will be back on Sunday 4 December at the British Motor Museum. Expect details on their website soon.
- Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet Swindon returns to its traditional first Sunday of January slot for 2023. There’s plenty of time to plan your trip and book a table – more details on the event Facebook page.
Slot Car Racing
- Extreme Slotting Proxy The finale of the 2022 UK Rally Raid proxy took place over the weekend, with two of the four classes going right down to the wire. You can find out what happened over in the Proxy Racing forum.
- Pancake Power HO Proxy Drag Racing The latest HO drag racing proxy on the Rock County Eighth Mile takes place this week. You can follow all the action at SlotRacer Online.
- Your Club News There are updates this week from Mussel Bay, GOLD, Norwich, Manx, Worthing HO (pictured) and Southend slot car clubs.
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
- Built in the Royal Villa of Monza park, the “temple of speed” was opened in 1922, and was the third purpose-built motor racing track after Brooklands and Indianapolis. This year Monza celebrates the landmark of its centenary, whilst Ferrari celebrates its 75th birthday.
- Monza’s greatest moments and darkest hours The shiver as one walks through the gates at Monza is triggered by its incredible history: Bernd Rosemeyer and Tazio Nuvolari winning in Auto Unions; Mika Häkkinen crouching and crying in the woods after crashing out in 1999; and the surging sea of red as Michael Schumacher stepped atop the podium in 2006 in the knowledge that he would be leaving Ferrari at the season’s end.
- Monza Programmes The Motor Racing Programme Covers website has loads of fantastic Monza programme covers, ranging from the circuit’s very first year, right up until last weekend’s F1 race.
- Monza track plans Obviously we have track plans of the modern circuit. There is a routed track plan as well as Scalextric and Ninco versions.
- HO Monza We also have an HO scale plan of the old circuit with the banking.
- Wrenn Monza Then we have a 1/52 scale Monza for Wrenn Track
- Monza Posters Our restomod of 101 Circuits for Scalextric Drivers led us to produce posters of the feature pages, including of course, Monza.
- Monza Grand Prix Our exclusive take on Frankenheimer’s classic film Grand Prix includes loads of unique shots of the circuit, along with a great video, and a Scalextric track plan.
- Policar March 701 Monza 1971 Jean-Pierre Jarier’s first of 135 Grands Prix, saw the final F1 appearance of the March 701, at Monza in 1971. The car was not expected to do well, and didn’t, but it is a fantastic looking model.
Livery of the weekend – Mini Cooper S
- Italian Grand Prix Monza hosted another memorable weekend of intrigue and drama – with some great racing, a controversial ending and the ‘driver of the day’ award going to an F1 debutant. You can grab the official seven minute highlights package on YouTube.
- WRC Acropolis Rally The WRC headed to Greece for the latest round of the 2022 championship. Sébastien Loeb was back for Ford, who were looking to get back in the mix for a win. You can enjoy a five-minute recap of the weekend over on the WRC YouTube Channel.
- IndyCar Championship Decider at Laguna Seca The final race of the 2022 IndyCar season did not disappoint. You can catch five minutes of highlights from the Grand Prix of Monterey over on YouTube.
- Nascar Kansas Speedway The second Nascar play-off race was another tricky one for the championship contenders – and saw a popular underdog winner. Extended highlights are on the Nascar YouTube Channel now.
- British GT Championship Brands Hatch It was an eventful two-hour race at Brands Hatch on Sunday. You can watch a concise two-minute highlights reel over on the GT World YouTube Channel.
- Farewell Pukekohe Raceway Aussie Supercar superstars Shane van Gisbergen and Cam Waters gave Pukekohe Raceway a fitting send off, with an amazing battle in the closing stages of the final race on the New Zealand circuit. You can watch them on the Supercars YouTube Channel.