Welcome to Week 38…
This week we preview a Scalextric Camaro, show new cars from Racing Replicas, NSR and BRM – there’s the welcome return of a classic scenic accessory, plus a big feature about Goodwood and the Revival.
- NSR Formula 86/89 Benetton Alfa Romeo Just added to the NSR Formula 86/89 range are two Benetton liveries representing the Alfa Romeo 184T that was raced by Eddie Cheever and Riccardo Patrese in 1984 and latter half of 1985 – the highlight being a third place for the #22 of Patrese at the 1984 Italian Grand Prix.
- Jaguar C-Type Pete Shepherd of Racing Replicas has been making this lovely Jaguar C-Type, modelled to look like his customer’s real car. Pete was at Goodwood this weekend, delivering models to customers and getting a ride on track!
- BRM 1:24 Scale McLaren F1 GTR Coming soon from BRM are five variations of the 1995 Le Mans Jacavi-sponsored McLaren F1 GTR. It is a welcome return of this 1990s sportscar to the BRM range and these cars look perfect for club racing.
Tracks & Scenery
- Magazines Details of all the latest slot car and model rail publications, with recent additions including SLOT magazine, Model Railroad Hobbyist, Trackside Model Railroading, N Scale Railroading, Trainini, Más Slot, Car On-line, Jim Hunt Magazine, and Slot Car Magazine International, which includes a feature on Racing Replicas.
Slot Car Racing
- Pancake Power HO Proxy Drag Racing There were some great-looking cars and plenty of exciting racing last week – and you can enjoy all the coverage on the Proxy Racing forum.
- Flat caps, brogues, and the unmistakable spirit of a bygone age. It’s been a busy weekend of action at this year’s Goodwood Revival, so it’s time to catch up on all things related to the South Coast circuit, and former RAF Westhampnett aerodrome.
- Let’s take a look back at some marvelous memories of a couple of previous Revivals…
- Track Plan Obviously we have a Scalextric track plan available, but our “British Racing Greens” section also covers the history and importance of the many airfield circuits which formed such an important part of British motorsport history, and possibly slot car racing.
- Model Roads Model Roads & Racing published some Goodwood track plans, but more importantly, gave us a fantastic photo of one of the pit crew filling up Roy Salvadori’s E-Type with fuel, whilst not actually looking. Times were different back then.
- Goodwood Jaguar George Turner has a kit of the Coombes Jaguar driven by Roy Salvadori, which is now a regular at the Goodwood Revival
- Goodwood Tourist Trophy 1962 Produced by Fly, these three, historic Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinettas finished first, second and third in a thrilling 100-lap RAC Tourist Trophy race – the eleventh round of the 1962 World Sportscar Championship.
Livery of the week – something from Goodwood Revival!
There were simply too many amazing cars and cool liveries to choose just one. Rumour has it that Scalextric were there sizing up new models – they certainly have cars already in the catalogue that would suit a re-livery from the weekend. And maybe Fly were taking a look too?
- Goodwood Revival 2022 If you want to catch up on three spectacular days of historic racing, Goodwood Road & Racing have compiled dozens of highlight videos on their YouTube channel.
- St Mary’s Trophy Part One If we were going to pick one Goodwood Revival highlight, it would be the all-star drivers thrash in the 1960s saloon cars. You can watch the race in it’s entirely – definitely worth 30 minutes of any motorsport fan’s time.
- Nascar Bristol Night Race One of the iconic images of stock car racing is night racing at Bristol Motor Speedway. Round three of the Nascar play-offs saw yet another underdog win and plenty of championship drama. Extended highlights are on the Nascar YouTube channel.
- NHRA Drag Racing at Reading If HO proxy drag racing has piqued your interest, then the NHRA have highlights from the weekend’s action at Maple Grove Raceway in Pennsylvania. Check out their YouTube channel.
- WEC Fuji 6 Hours If you missed the race last weekend, there are extended highlights over on the WEC YouTube Channel. The climax of the WEC season takes place in November with the 8 Hours of Bahrain.