Buckle up for a quick blast through this week’s news!
- Penelope Pitlane Ferrari Dino 246 Pendle Slot Racing have updated their Penelope Pitlane Ferrari Dino 246 kit, and Pete Shepherd of Racing Replicas has built a display model for them. Apparently the kit is beautifully cast and the model is easy to build. The original car was a development of Ferrari’s F2 car and carried Mike Hawthorn to the World Drivers Championship in 1958.
- BRM the Inside Story You can find out much more about Mike Hawthorn’s incredible victory in the 1958 Formula One season, and check out some original photos from BRM team mechanic Dennis Perkins in our detailed story of British Racing Motors.
- Avant Slot Mercedes Transporter Avant Slot have posted photos of the stunning Mercedes Benz Rennabteilung and the accompanying 1955 Mercedes Benz W196. They will be on sale in November, and will be a limited edition of only 250 units.
- Avant Slot VW Golf Also expected in November from Avant Slot are two new liveries for the VW Golf. The Danone livery models the 1983 Rally del Montseny car driven by Velez and Pons, and the Pierburg livery recreates the 1980 Rally Monte Carlo car driven by Eklund and Sylvan.
- Hobbyclassic Bugatti Royale Hobbyclassic have posted photos of an amazing twin set including the Bugatti Royale Coupé, which is accompanied by a tiny Baby Bugatti. Both cars are motorised, and they will be available when they are presented at Foro Slot Madrid on the 25th November.
In the Pipeline
- Policar Lotus 72E Policar have have announced a new Lotus 72E, which is expected in the third quarter of 2024. The model recreates Ian Scheckter’s drive in the 1974 South African Grand Prix at Kyalami.
- Revoslot Toyota GT1 In 2021, Revoslot launched an exclusive series of six Toyota GT1s, specifically intended for club racing. The company has now announced that it will do it again in 2024 with a brand new series, this time including seven Toyota GT1s.
- Strombecker Chaparral 2D build Chris has been rebuilding a Strombecker Chaparral 2D, specifically the car which won the 1966 1000 km Nürburgring, driven by Jo Bonnier and Phil Hill. As usual the brass chassis is brilliant, and the build is immaculate.
- Trackside model figures Rallyhub has been painting a new batch of model figures from Ron Trackside. As usual he has done a fantastic job and the figures look great around the track.
- Magnetic Racing Smart Phone Gantry Magnetic Racing have released a smart phone gantry, for anybody that uses their phone for the track timing system. The gantry holds the phone directly above the track and the cradle is detachable when it’s not needed.
- National GT3 – North Staffs – 29th-Oct-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 1st-Nov-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 4th-Nov-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 18th-Nov-23
- Orpington Swapmeet – 19th-Nov-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 25th-Nov-23
- UK Winter Slot Car Market – 3rd-Dec-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 6th-Dec-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 16th-Dec-23
- Roots of Scalextric Scale Models have published another article by Phil Etgart. The article deals with the very early history of Minimodels, who produced a range of tinplate models under the Scalex, Startex and eventually Scalextric brand names from 1947-1959.
Scaleauto Honda HSV-010
Teamslot Alpine A310
Revell Monogram Porsche 904