Unlucky 13? Nah, not this time, as we’ve got loads of good stuff for you to catch up with from week 13 of the slot car calendar.
The new SlotRacer Chronicle documents some interesting thoughts and memories of slot racing history, with our very own slot car stalwart and ex-editor of the NSCC Journal, Brian Rogers.
It’s a bit of a rebranding, and hopefully an improvement on what we used to call “The Pit Lane”, but we’ve also got several substantial new additions, including the history of the NSCC, the origins of the UK Slot Car Festival, and the building of the ultimate hillclimb.
After successful Summer and Winter Series, UK HO Drag proxy racing is going bi-monthly with six events over a year. The 2021-22 series starts in May and ends in March, featuring four mid-week races and two weekend ‘Nationals’ events. All the pre-race build-up and race coverage will take place in the SlotRacer Online Proxy Racing section.
Reports, results and photographs from each event will continue to be collected together in the South Coast HO Dragster fanzine – now bi-monthly. Previous editions can be found in the SlotRacer Online Library
There are six socially-distant mail-in proxy HO drag races that make up the series:
- 18-19 May 2021. Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, NHRA 4-Gear, NHRA Top Fuel + Micro 2019 match racing.
- 13-14 July 2021. Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, Nostalgia T-Jet, Nostalgia 4-Gear Funny Car + Micro Scalextric 2019 match racing.
- 4-5 September 2021. UK Autumn Nationals. All classes + extra match racing + exhibitions.
- 9-10 November 2021. Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, NHRA 4-Gear, NHRA Top Fuel + Micro 2019 match racing.
- 18-19 January 2022. Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, Nostalgia T-Jet, Nostalgia 4-Gear Funny Car + Micro Scalextric 2019 match racing.
- 12-13 March 2022. UK Spring Nationals. All classes + extra match racing + exhibitions.
- Amato 3DP chassis for Scalextric McLaren F1 GTR – Savage GT talks Angelo into producing a custom chassis.
- Amato Slot Car Design – Angelo has added the Scalextric McLaren chassis above, and also a chassis for the Fly Lola T70 Mk3B
Tracks & Scenery
- Single lane hillclimb using digital pit lane pieces – Andy investigates the possibility of driving in both directions, on the same lane, in the same lap. Could it work?
- Following on from that experiment are Andy’s plans for a Mediterranean-themed single-lane hillclimb / rally-stage. Has he got the slot rally bug?
- Scenic items manufacturers/suppliers index – Brian is continually updating the list with new additions. Well worth a look.
- Another resource for scenery is the Scenery section of the Manual, which briefly outlines some of the methods you can use to landscape your layout.
- Slot.It G25 tyres – Brian conducts a back to back test with a varied selection of tyres, reviewing the G25 tyres which are replacing the F22, and N22.
- Spectacular new model from SlotClassic: Jowett Jupiter #36 in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1950 at the hands of Tom Wisdom and Tommy Wise
- Not exactly a scratch build but… 964rh builds a track cleaning truck
- Slot.it Mercedes 190e – Ellen Lohr, DTM 1992 – The third livery on Slot.it’s Mercedes 190e DTM is one of the works AMG cars from the 1992 season.
- Pre-orders are now open for the Slot-it Opel Calibra No.8 car driven by Oliver Gavin at the Mugello round of the 1996 International Touring Car Championship season. Due: Q4 2021
- Cadillac Eldorado Brougham – Reeves has posted his Eldorado, and Thunderbird
- Atalaya have released a range of decals for the 2021 season including Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, Alpine, McLaren and Aston Martin. The decals are designed for the Policar Monoposto generic F1 cars
- Policar’s Golden Era of MotorSport F1 cars – The first two liveries will be available in the next two weeks.
- SRC Lancia Delta S4: four new liveries! – four new liveries have been announced for future Delta S4 releases, with the first two expected very soon.
- SRC Lancia Delta S4, winner Rally Príncipe de Asturias 1986 – The SRC Delta is now available in the UK and rallyhub has posted some wonderful photographs of the Lancia on his fantastic “Flat Over Crest” track.
- If you ever wanted a model of FAB1, then you are in luck. Lady Penelope’s pink Rolls Royce from Thunderbirds is now being produced in 1/32 scale by Adventures in Plastic
- Hamilton resists Verstappen to deny Red Bull victory in Bahrain GP nail-biter
- Fernando Alonso says ‘I’m better’ than Hamilton and Verstappen
- ‘I don’t feel like this is my last year in F1’ – Hamilton
- Porsche, Audi set to join F1 in 2025 – it’s likely to happen.
- Massive bhp and minimal downforce – the revival of Trans Am racing
- “Big Oly” Is For Sale: The most important racing Bronco in history