Here is your round up of all the important slot car news from week 14
- Weathered Roadrunner and Superbird Reeves shows off some impressive weathering on his Carrera cars
- 1976 British GP Triple PackJust arrived at Pendle Slot Racing is the Scalextric McLaren M23 & 312T & Tyrrell P34 1976 British GP Triple Pack
- Martini Racing FIAT 242Avant Slot have released some stunning photographs of the master of the forthcoming Martini Racing FIAT 242 assistance vehicle from Maralic Models, and drawings of the livery
- BRM BMW 2002 Ti New Release for 2021, #536 ‘Jägermeister’ & #20 ‘Warsteiner. Available now
- Lots of new stuff underway George Turner has finished his 1930s MG Aero kit, and 1903 Mors Dauphin
- Sam Tordoff’s Porsche 356 Reeves is building a detailed model of the Goodwood Revival car, and the details are great.
- Successful Club? What does it take to run a successful club, how do you attract new members, and keep the existing members coming back?
- Brighton to John O’Groats Road Race There is only one week left to get your cars scrutineered, and the full event schedule has been posted
- World Championship Slot Car Proxy 2021 The World Championship Proxy has just begun. At the moment the cars are in Chilliwack, British Columbia where they have been received by race director Chris Struwig
- Charlestown NH Victory Lane 3-21 Oval racing continues at the Smith Scale Speedway, Charlestown, New Hampshire
Tracks & Scenery
- Race Coordinator Arduino Uno Clone Set-up with Deadstrip With a £5 Arduino Uno clone, Race Coordinator software, and a track in need of some lap timing, woodcote thought he’d give it a go.
- Lint Roller Track Cleaner – Krpepe has built a motorised, 3d printed track cleaner, called “The Steam Roller”.
- Ultimate Pitlane Multi-Pack Magnetic Racing’s Ultimate Pitlane Multi-Pack is all you will need for your pit lane. It consists of 6 Modern Pit Buildings & includes the full Monza Pit Wall set
- RetirementGary at MRE has announced his retirement, and agreement has been made for Pendle Slot racing to take control of all MRE orders from 3rd April. Thanks Gary, for your 23 years at the heart of the UK slot car business.
- Typhoon Slots & Models in new hands One of the UK’s established online slot car retailers has changed hands. We talk to new owner Vince Cluderay about his exciting plans for the business.
- Rare & Unique Vehicles is a new quarterly magazine, which aims to show and interpret the rarest and the most unique vehicles from the world of classic motoring.
- Free Scalextric CarFREE Scalextric Legends Tyrrell 002 Racing Car (worth £45.99) when you subscribe to Motorsport magazine for 12 months. The car was driven to victory by François Cevert in the 1971 USA Grand Prix at Watkins Glen.