Catching up on all of this week’s slot car news, plus a special feature on a big cat which is celebrating its 60th birthday
- Brighton to John o’Groats Road Race -Proxy Event – The entries are in, the cars are being prepared, and the route map has been published. Not long to go now.
- Returning to the Barn – It’s been a whole year since Worthing HO last raced at the Barn. So what has everybody been up to?
- Entries for the Electric Vehicle Triathlon proxy have to be recieved by the 10th May 2021, so there is still plenty of time left to join in.
- Sideways Ferrari 512BB LM white kits – Savage GT tackles a couple of tough customers
- Teamslot Escort RS2000 Henry Ford Jr – Limited Edition of 200 items, exclusive to Weevils Slot Cars
- SRC Audi Quattro S1 E2 announced for 2022 – SRC have begun the countdown for the development and release of their next Group B rally car
- Scalextric Corvette C8R – preview – Woodcote’s Jadlam series looking at the development of the new model
- Ninco Porsche 356 collection – Lovely looking little cars, both the full sized cars, and the Ninco models shown here. If you’ve got one, why not show us?
- Lotus Esprit S2 – World Championship Commemorative Model
- Fein Design Modell are accepting pre orders for their next 1/24 kit the McLar. M1A as driven by Charlie Hayes in 1965.
- George Turner has teamed up with Pendle Slot Racing to make it easier to get the running gear for his kits
- AFX Racemasters Ford MkIV – HO scale – The Ford GT MkIV is expected to be released around August this year in the yellow livery of the 1967 Sebring winning car, driven by Bruce McLaren and Mario Andretti.
Tracks & Scenery
- Le Circuit Paul Ricard – Tom has posted his plans for a fantastic digital recreation of the famous French track, with two configurations.
- You can also find lots of real circuit recreations in our F1 2018 section, and in our Track Plans collection.
- Rally track grave yard ? – What has happened to all those great rally tracks?
- MRRC FIGURES – Gpa113 has been painting some driver figures.
- Wall’s Ice Cream Van – The Corgi Wall’s Ice Cream van from 1966 is legendary and commands premium prices on the collector’s market, but here is your chance to get a branded replica for £1.99 including postage!
- Iso chassis for slimline motor with adjustable wheelbase – Alexis shows us his new 3D printed chassis
- Using ARC Air/Pro controller as oXigen controller – In this video, Greg shows you how to install the firmware, and how to pair to oXigen chipped cars.
- Suspension basics – Is a suspension system on a slot car essential, or a distraction? Does it depend on the type of track? Let us know about your experience.
This week’s special feature is all about a big cat that is celebrating its 60th birthday…
I’ve actually met one or two people that claim it’s not that great, but they are obviously quite wrong. Almost everybody else on planet earth has recognised it as one of the most iconic, most graceful, and most desirable sports cars ever.
Of course, you already know what I’m talking about, so I won’t bore you with the apocryphal tales of Enzo Ferrari calling it the most beautiful car ever, nor will I stretch your patience with the well known story of William Lyons being less than impressed with the idea.
But, good lord, just look at it. Just take a few moments to take it all in.
Ladies and gentleman, I present you with the Jaguar E-Type.
- E-Type 60 collection – Jaguar Classic celebrates the unveiling of an icon with six matched pairs of E‑type restorations.
- The Jaguar E-Type lives up to the hype
- This is the story of my father’s hunt for just the right E-Type Jaguar
- Enigma Variations – Ambivalence towards Jaguar’s Sixties Supermodel is as old as the E-Type itself.