Our round up of the best bits from week 11 of the slot car calendar
- Brian reviews the Slot.It SICA47b Nissan Skyline GT-R #12 JTC that dominated the Japanese Touring Car Championship between 1990 and 1993
Tracks & Scenery
- My Spa Francorchamps inspired track – Reeves has posted some great photos of his atmospheric and detailed scenic track
- Anthony’s Ferrari 612 Can Am build is now complete, and well worth a look.
- Ferrari 156 family – Anthony shows his Airfix modified 156 sharknose, Ferrari 156/63, and Modified Monogram 158/64
- NSR Mosler MT900R 8th Anniversary Salvatore Noviello #64 – To mark the eighth anniversary of the death of company-founder and slot car champion Salvatore Noviello, NSR have released this special edition Mosler MT900R. It will be available in the UK very soon.
- Racer Sideways Ford Escort Group 5 – Racer Sideways have just released pictures of the first tests shots from the mould of their forthcoming Group 5 Zakspeed Escort.
- Electric Dreams have quite a collection of Porsches from FLY. New releases – in store, ready to ship. Limited quantities.
- Pendle Slot Racing have news of RevoSlot Mercedes CLK GTR liveries announced and expected for May release, and Porsche 911 GT1 Marlboro liveries announced and expected for April release.
- The grand finale of the popular HO Drag Proxy Winter Series 2020-1 took place over the weekend, and we have all the reports and results to round things off.
- The WHO Winter Rally-Sprint Proxy 2021 reached it’s conclusion and as usual it’s well worth catching up with the comprehsive coverage
- Entries are still being welcomed for the Electric Vehicle Triathlon Proxy Event (EV Triathlon) for Scalextric Jaguar I-Pace cars
- The cars are being prepared for the Brighton to John o’Groats Road Race -Proxy Event with 58 entries expected across the three classes
- Slot Car Magazine March 2021 – We have a full preview of what’s in the latest issue…
- If the sheer number of twiddly things on the slot.it SCP controller (1, 2, or 3) have you running for simpler hills, fret not! Greg will hold your hand through the treacherous waters of this powerful, and widely misunderstood slot car controller.
- Angelo Amato has added new 3d printed chassis designs for four Scalextric 90’s BTCC cars; Mondeo, Laguna, A4 & Vectra.
- Murray Walker: Formula 1 broadcasting legend dies at 97. Very sad news indeed for any fan of motor sport. Murray’s enthusiasm was infectious, and his commentary was an integral part of our experience of Formula 1 for many years.
According to Martin Brundle … “Wonderful man in every respect, national treasure, communication genius, Formula 1 legend.”
It’s very difficult to argue with that.