Your bite sized catch up on all the latest slotcar news and events
- Avant Slot Ford Transit Staffs Slot Cars UK have announced that they are expecting the two Avant Slot Transit vans in the UK around Christmas time. The models are 1/32 scale, fully motorised, and will be right hand drive. Numbers are expected to be limited so pre-ordering with your favourite retailer is recommended.
- BRM Datsun 240Z BRM have posted photos of the prototypes for two versions of the Datsun 240Z. The 1/24 scale models are planned for a summer 2023 release.
- BRM Ford GT40 BRM have also posted photos of both the MkI, and MkII versions of their forthcoming 1/24 scale Ford GT40. Expected in spring 2023.
- RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT2 Three new RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT2 cars added for Pre-Order. Expected to be available Q1 2023
- Avant Slot Chassis Next year Avant Slot will be making changes to their rally chassis, adding swaying guide, changes to rigidity and structure, as well as changing up some geometries.
- Feather Signs WASPslot feather signs are coming soon. 3D printed in resin and supplied in sets of 5 with all decals shown printed on self adhesive backing and laminated on the front.
- CG Slotcars Tyre Truer Production is starting on CG Slotcars new tyre truer. Designed to be modular and work on any 12V power supply, the truer has a heavy-duty, machined flat, aluminium base, 3D Printed Nylon 12Glass parts and a range of optional extras.
- St Louis Slot Car & Hot Wheels Swap Meet – 27th-Nov-22
- UKSF Winter Slot Car Market – 4th-Dec-22
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 7th-Dec-22
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 17th-Dec-22
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 4th-Jan-23
- Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet – 8th-Jan-23
- HO Drag Proxy – 11th-Jan-23
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 18th-Jan-23
- Rockingham Policar GP – 14th-Jan-23
- Rockingham winter classic – 15th-Jan-23
- Since we’ve had three new Ford slot cars announced this week, it might be an opportune time to catch up with a small selection of the fabulous Fords we have already around the site…
- Slot.it Ford GT40 Sebring 1967 – Scuderia Brescia Corse Of all the GT40 slot cars produced in the past 25 years, the Slot.it version gets top marks from woodcote in terms of looks and handling…
- 1932 Ford “B” Roadster Hotrod Ken’s dad owned an all original 1931 Ford for a few years, and this typical 32-Ford Hotrod started out with a Lifelike dollar store kit, and ended up as a tribute to Ken’s father.
- Racer Sideways Ford Escort Group 5 Woodcote takes a look at two classic DRM liveries on the Zakspeed Escort.
- AFX Racemasters Ford MkIV – HO scale This Ford MkIV has to be one of the most incredibly detailed and well modelled HO scale slot cars ever.
- PCS Ford Escort Mk3 RS Turbo S1 Pendle Slot Racing announced a new model for their range of 1:32 scale kits – and they’ve gone in with the ultimate Mk3… the RS Turbo S1. The RS Turbo (Series One) – to give its proper name – is the Escort we all wanted as teenagers in the mid-80s.
- BRM Ford Escort Mk1 – Dalsland Ring 1969 Woodcote celebrates a brilliant choice of livery – the lilac-coloured car of Swede Erik Berger, which raced at the Dalsland Ring in 1969. Unless you’re a connoisseur of Swedish motorsport, you probably won’t have heard of either Berger or the Dalsland Ring – but that would be missing a treat…
- Formula One Abu Dhabi A return to the scene of last season’s highly-controversial title-decider, Sunday’s race was a dead rubber for most – although an opportunity to say goodbye to four-time champion Sebastian Vettel. You can catch extended highlights on the F1 YouTube Channel.
- Bahrain 8 Hours Staying in the Middle East, the World Endurance Championship season closed at Bahrain nine days ago. Plenty of championship were at stake and this extended highlights package on YouTube gives a flavour of the ebb and flow of a modern WEC race.
- NASCAR Championship Weekend Rewind The 2022 Nascar championship was decided last weekend and this short re-cap film captures the atmosphere perfectly.
- Rally Japan The World Rally Rally Championship also wrapped up last weekend. The title was decided months ago, but the Rally Japan provided plenty of thrills to end the season. The Top 5 moments are captured on the WRC YouTube channel.
- Fanatec GT Top 10 Dramatic Moments As most Northern Hemisphere series draw to an end, expect season reviews and highlights videos to appear. In this one, you can remember the biggest thrills of the 2022 GT World Challenge Europe, which had the added interest of Valentino Rossi’s first full season on four wheels (surely worth a highlight video in itself…)