Our regular weekly round up of the best bits from the world of slot cars and beyond
Scale Models have completely updated their website. Actually, calling it an update is underplaying it, as it’s all completely new from the ground up. The new site is a massive upgrade, and it’s great to see Mark and Julie providing an even better service for us all. The new website includes a shop featuring all the latest products, it looks good and works well, so what more could you want?
- An amazing photograph by fotodoug over in the Cars bought by members in 2021 thread. There are other good photos too, but Doug’s are always a bit special. In fact they are so good, that we’ve set up a dedicated photography section to showcase his work
- Based on a 15 y/o Proto Slot Kit which was found by Electric Dreams, this 1/32 version of the ‘67 Indy500 STP-Paxton Turbocar was assembled by Dennis Samson and it’s going directly to the Los Angeles Slot Car Museum.
- Scalextric Ford Capri MKIII UKSCF 2021 White Road Car. Limited Edition of 500 individually numbered cars. Now available from Pendle Slot Racing, Scale Models, or Roger Barker
- Fasten Belts have released a 1949 Frazer Nash High Speed Le Mans kit and ready to run model.
- Coming Soon – The first two releases in the new Policar GEMS series of Monoposto cars will be the Euroracing 185T 1985, and the TS20 1978 livery. I’m finding myself conflicted here. These are all wrong, but I can’t help liking them.
- Savage GT has been working on fettling the stance of his Carrera Superbird and Daytona by fitting an Amato chassis
- Grab your pocket money, this Velasor model set is only £2300. The four Peugeot L45s are built by hand and assembled with more than 275 pieces of different materials, such as resins, metals, leather, wood, and customized using different techniques such as molds, 3D printing, laser cutting and engraving, photo-etched metal and turned parts.
Tracks & Scenery
- RSS Raceways make all kinds of routed slot tracks, including this modular system.
- Anthony’s Ferrari 612 Can Am build is progressing nicely
- Custom Drag Cars – More of Mazda’s amazing HO scale dragsters
- 2021 race tickets News of British motorsports events
- New F1 liveries for the 2021 season, with an Aston Martin on the grid for the first time in six decades
- Ferrari will make a return to the pinnacle of sportscar racing in World Endurance Championship with a new Le Mans Hypercar in 2023
- WHO Winter Rally-Sprint Proxy 2021 – The conclusion of the closely fought series. The final standings were all decided in the final stage.
- HO Drag Proxy Winter Series 2020-1 Finale SIGN-UP – The series concludes with a bumper three-day Winter Series Finale over the weekend of 12-14 March.
- UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 Preview – After a hugely successful Summer and Winter Series, UK HO proxy drag racing is going bi-monthly with six events over a year. The 2021-22 series starts in May and ends in March, featuring four mid-week races and two weekend ‘Nationals’ events.
- Brighton to John o’Groats Road Race -Proxy Event including six different venues across the UK, starting in April
- Extreme Slotting – possible Raid proxy?
- BARacer has been working on his Honda Civic as an Auslot 2021 Touring Car Proxy Event: Potential Entry
- New Tools and Bearings from Staffs Slot Cars UK – a range of wrenches, screwdrivers, allen keys and grub screws, a magnetic tray, and racing ball bearings
- 6th slotcar and modelling fair – with exhibitors from the Netherlands, France, UK and Germany, and many private sellers
In our special feature this week we’re going to take a look at the artisan makers in the hobby, the smaller scale producers that can provide you with those important items which might be a bit off the beaten track…
- George Turner Models produce high quality slot car kits of historic racing cars, ranging from the eras of early 30s Grand Prix to 70s saloon and GT racing. The kits are designed to be the perfect blend of scale model and capable racer, suitable for both amateur and experienced builders.
- Slot Classic have been producing hand crafted slot cars for twenty five years. But in that time they’ve only produced around fifty models and all are made in limited numbers, so they are collector’s pieces.
- Slot Track Scenics produce a large range of scenic items, including figures, advertising boards, fencing, tyre walls, pit walls and timing stands.
- Magnetic Racing make a large range of laser cut, self assembly slot track buildings, including control towers, grandstands, bridges and pit walls.
- Pre Wing make classic slot car shells, saloons and race transporters. They already had the Vanwall Transporter avaialble but now the BRM Transporter has also arrived.
- Betta & Classic claim to be the world’s largest on-line catalogue of currently available 1/32nd & 1/24th scale slot car bodies, producing what are often referred to as lexan or soft bodies.
- AA Bodies make 1/32nd resin car bodies suitable for static display or for slot car racing, mostly hard to find 50’s & 60’s sports cars not made by others.
- WASPslot offers a range of slot car parts and accessories. From urethane slot car tyres & 3D printed Carrera guide adapters to model car paint stands, scenery items and figures.
- Patto’s Place offer over 1500 different model car bodies, and over 22,000 different decals, each availble in 1/10, 1/12, 1/18, 1/24, 1/32, 1/43 and 1/64 scale.
- Immense Miniatures create highly detailed figures, scenic items, and accessories for slot-racers and static modelers. Available in multiple scales, depicting the thrills and romance of motor racing between 1930 and 1970.
- Scenic items manufacturers/suppliers index – A regularly updated resource thread
You can always find most of these makers, and other essential links, over in Slotcar Alley, our dedicated section for the best online sites that the slot car world has to offer.
If you know of any more small scale producers that deserve to be on our list, then please let us know on the Forum, and we’ll make sure to include them in future.