Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting

Extreme Slotting.....Stage 6  Send Scramble and Stage 7 The Highs and the Lows. 

Basically,  brilliant fun, I thoroughly enjoyed running all the various cars across both Stages. 
My 2 stages were deliberately very different,  and hopefully provided a good challenge for most entries. 
The standard of cars was generally very good, with only a few mechanical issues. 

The 4 different classes worked well, and on my Ninco track all coped well enough. 

To finish, my 4 favourite entries, some of which I will try to get hold of at some point. 

Big thanks to all of you for entering,  and of course Graham, who's idea this was.  All these events take hard work to organise,  so thanks for letting me play Thumbup

Pip


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 2 members Like Gpa113's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks, well I think Pip's track configurations were awesome, many thanks to him !

And he managed to fix Mike's Mitsubishi, he will be chuffed with that.

So here is the official results

   

Shame there was no snow or mud to slow the I-Pace opposition down, perhaps the I-Pace will make another comeback at the next Stage.

Only 2 more Stages left to run now, I will post the progress to date tomorrow.


Attached Files
.pdf Extreme Slotting - Stage 7 Highs and Lows.pdf Size: 22.45 KB  Downloads: 127
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote

Some great racing this weekend on some very nice tracks. Thanks Pip for putting on 2 great stages, and thanks for breathing some life in to my class D Mitsubishi! Fingers crossed it can crawl across the finish line. Think i’ve lost my class A lead so fingers crossed the little Bowler can’t beat all these Mitsubishi’s! Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like Mike174's post
Quote

I totally agree, this has been a very steep learning curve having never seen Ninco or SCX off-road track before I didn't know what to expect, but I'm already planning my cars for the next Raid.

Only one thing I would like to see and that is some video footage, just to visualise what I need to do to improve my cars for next time, but I can only say a BIG THANK YOU to all the hosts

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 3 members Like Qman's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks,

Well we are on the home run now with only 2 more stages to run, the cars are being packed up to travel onto Norfolk where Brian (another new to hosting) will put them through their paces on the last of the SCX tracks.

Here is the results to date

   

So in terms of current fortunes or mishaps  Wrench
Here is a quick review.
Class A - Mike's Nemesis succumbed to the advances of the rest of the Ninco field and has to relinquish his lead to Phil Field's Mitsubishi who is about a lap ahead.
Class B- Paul Cooper retains his lead over the SCX field with a 7 lap advantage.
Class C- All the Lancers overtaking my Jaguar I-Pace again, and currently Jim Scott's beautifully decorated RNLI car in the lead by some 2 laps.
Class D- That Panda is still ahead of the field with a 7 lap advantage, Pip's car doing well on the home turf on Stage 6 but struggling up hill on stage 7. Mike's Mitsubishi having failed to run last week due to mechanical failures made a strong comeback this weekend and could still mount a late run on the leader (if it holds together)

Indeed a great show put on by Pip this week, many thanks for his hard work in keeping the field running.


Attached Files
.pdf Extreme Slotting - Stages 1-7 series results.pdf Size: 22.37 KB  Downloads: 128
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote

The entrants have arrived safely in Norfolk.    

Having borrowed SWMBO's sewing room for the weekend this is the track they will take on:
   
   

It is all SCX desert off road track and will start with a full set of obstacles for the SCX class. I will gradually remove them as necessary for the other classes over the weekend.

I couldn't think of an appropriate title for the circuit so it is listed as ACWNN which stands for 'A Course With No Name.'

All together now:

♫ You see I've been through the desert
On a course with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert, you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la ♫
[+] 5 members Like CMOTD's post
Quote

Very tuneful - and most appropriate to have a 'Singer' in the Sewing Room.  Rofl
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

My good lady's sewing machine is called Pearl because:
♫ Pearl's a singer
She stands up when she plays the piano
In a nightclub ♫ Bigsmile

By Elkie Brooks if you are old enough to remember her.
[+] 3 members Like CMOTD's post
Quote

Have you got a lock on the door into your new playroom?

Could be car-nage otherwise...

I love puttering with gears
Quote

Looking at that course and my Panda is having kittens (could be worth a few bob) Sweating

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)