Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting

You missed yours off Graham!  Rofl
Quote

Hi Mike,

My vehicles are there just scroll to the bottom  Sun

But we have another update in the list of vehicles at the Oasis as Paul C cars just arrived.

   
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks

The course stewards have been running the course cars to day,and have concluded that the track is too hazardous to run the ramps on the course.

So a new rule for all course hosts:
The course must allow for the car guide and drop arm (minimum 4cm length)  of the cars to maintain contact with the contact rails at all times.

This is to even up the time differential between the short and long guide arms cars.
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks, we have a late entry from Bernie L, should be arriving tomorrow.

As we have quite a good mixture of Ninco, SCX, Avant, Scaleauto and Scrachbuilds, I have split the vehicles up into 4 classes. So we will have a winner for each of these 4 classes. In particular I have become even more so convinced after the last few days that for this type of competition longer drop arm based vehicles have a significant  advantage at least when run on the SCX based tracks. But don't know how this will play out on the Ninco based circuits.

The results will be based on the number of laps completed over a timed period, in my case 2 minutes appears to result in a reasonable number of laps. There will be 3 attempts per car and the best run will be the result recorded. Over the 6 hosting stages the position will be recorded for each vehicle and the number of laps recorded. The series Class winner will be the one with the most accumulated laps over the series. 

All the entrants are invited to vote for the best presented top three vehicles for Class C & D (RTR /Scratchbuilds) only. The vehicle with the highest number of votes will be awarded a separate medal for "Best presented vehicle in show ".Voting is done by sending me a PM on the slotracer online or by sending me an email (for facebook based entrants). YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN VEHICLE

Here is the new class based entrants list.

   
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Wavegreen Good Morning, after abit of deliberating I have chosen 6 entrants cars which qualifies for the Extreme Slotting Concours 


   

   

   

   

   

   


I have chosen to list my vehicle (Jaguar I-Pace) by Scuderia_Turini,  as in fact he did the body preparation for me, so he deserves to take credit for his artistic work.

As you can see Bernie's Concours vehicle ( C5)  has eventually turned up, something to do with being called away to an incident  Rofl

Please don't vote for your own vehicle.
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post
Quote

We were just told "You're off on a raid" Rofl

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
Quote

Wavegreen Morning Folks,

I don't think there will be any action today.
There is quite alot of work to be done at the garage with the 4 Sratchbuild vehicles.

I have fixed one by putting smaller front wheels on but the others are proving more problematic  Wrench

I am keeping the entrants informed and will do my best to get them all through.

Hopefully I will be able to start stage 1 tomorrow.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks,

There was quite abit of work put in yesterday at the Harlequin garage to ensure that all the Class D or scratchbuild vehicles could run on the SCX track. All the entrants had tested their vehicles before sending them, but it seems that the SCX off road track seems to be less compromising than perhaps the standard of Ninco off road tracks. So I don't know exactly why but perhaps it is because of the roughness of the track surface is making the moving vehicle less able to get good braid contact with the track rails ?
But hopefully I have made adjustment to theses 4 vehicles sufficient to allow them to participate around the SCX tracks.

Additionally mostly the vehicles in this class struggle over the obstacles, so for that reason I will allocate the appropriate number or type of obstacles to each of the 4 classes as will allow the similar vehicles in each class to negotiate with a reasonable level of care.

Class A Ninco's - will not have any high SCX ramps.
Class B SCX can have all the obstacles in place including the high SCX ramps
Class C Avant/Scaleauto/Mitoos as for class B
Class D Scratchbuild will have a minimal run of Ninco obstacles.

My wife will have ago at recording each cars run on video, and I will try to put them on line or send to each entrant individually depending on how well they come out .
Results will be posted after each Class run.

I will check this morning that the Class D cars are still alive and well, and maybe given a last tweek, then I need to mark out the track in 10ths for the partial laps recording to work fairly.

So by lunchtime or shortly thereafter we should be ready to begin the "EXtreme Slotting Challenge"
[+] 6 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Good suggestions Graham, 

I have experience of both the SCX and Ninco off road tracks, and have found the Ninco track easier to get all types of vehicles running on.

The difference in the length of the drop arms makes a huge difference when trying to overcome the various ramps and other obstacles. 
So a class by class system should be just the answer.  The SCX, Avant  etc type of models can get round the most amazing circuits,  but the Ninco cars just can't do the biggest obstacles.   

As for the Scratchbuilt class.......My Fiesta will go round a Ninco track,  with the clip in obstacles all day long, but on a full SCX track it will be well out of its comfort zone.  But then again, why the two young  lads driving it have decided that a Ford Fiesta XR2i is a suitable off road conversion is probably more of an issue....    Ambulance

Looking forward to the contestants reaching  Surrey next month, and my chance to put them through their paces.
Pip
[+] 3 members Like Gpa113's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks, you must be puzzled by now, where are those results  Tappingfoot

The truth is that after spending even more time on the D Class cars this morning, we was already for action just after lunch. My wife was poised with the Mobile for some video action.

Then bugger me the cars would not go for more than 7 laps before coming to a grinding halt, so as you do thought this was a car issue so I tried another C class car, and that refused to go as well. So I tried my own Class A & B cars, and they refused to run more than 7 laps.

Well I have replaced the transformer, then the controller etc, but still NO GO  Tappingfoot

By this time I have pulled all my hair out and decided to call it a day, whilst I contemplate what to do next. I can only think the problem is related to the connection box fitted to the track

And bad news for Pip, This morning on an unrelated issue I was still having contact issues with his Fiesta , so I changed the guide but still no improvement  Angry
and to cap it all the passenger lost his legs Ambulance and a front wheel fell off (glued back on now) during the session.

So you can see I not had a good day.

Anyway hopefully tomorrow morning I will replace the connecting track piece with something different (about the only thing I not replaced now), I have a Scalex Sport connecting track and some classic track adaptor pieces which should work.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)