Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting

Thought you had a truck entered Graham?
They look good though!
Quote

Hi Mike,

you mean this one "RED BULL box" on wheels 

   

umm, just didn't know really what to do with it. I have been scratching my head ever since I bought it, I've seen seen videos of them flying around the raid tracks like "supercars" .  But I suspect mine will not get very far on the wheels supplied, so to save my embarrassment of not being about to complete one lap, I thought I would leave it out this time around. I think I will need some serious truck training before I put this into competition  Rofl
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote

Team Chesterfield's late entry. The entry form will be completed today and they'll be packed and posted this weekend.

The SCX Touareg came from this forum's For Sale section. Advertised as needing the front gear set-up adjusting, it turned out to be a bit more complex than that. The double-ended motor is set above the axles and the drive is carried down to them by 'slave' gears running freely on fixed shafts inserted into housings in the chassis. The front shaft had been inserted too far into the chassis at the factory, leaving no 'nub' protruding to centre the crown wheel. It was pretty fiddly to say the least and necessitated a complete chassis dismantle.

It is straight out of the box apart from the front end rebuild, lubrication and removal of the magnet.

   

It's team mate, a Ninco Ford Ranger 'Pro' truck, is also straight out of the box and apart from removal of the magnet is totally standard.

   

Thinking is that the two are quite different in appearance and factory chassis set-up.

The SCX Touareg is 4WD with a long drop arm, unsprung guide and no suspension, whereas the Ninco Ranger is 2wd with a short drop arm, sprung guide and suspension. Hopefully where one struggles on a particular track the other will do well - but not having run either of them, other than with a 9v battery, who knows?

The Touareg looks to be pretty robust. Not so sure about the Ranger though? Just hope that each returns in one piece.
[+] 4 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

H Doug,
they look really great, very nice livery, don't think I seen either of them in those colours.

We will be ever so careful not to scratch them, but of course the event is meant to be abit manic  Bigsmile
Quote

No worries with the Touareg. Thumbup 

Mirrors are moulded in, I've tucked the wipers into the scuttle. Roof scoops should be ok - maybe the mudflaps might be vulnerable though?

The Ranger? 

The front bull bar seems flexible but the mirrors might be vulnerable and there's all sorts of bits in the bed but que cera cera.

Just got to find some name tags or something to identify them now.
Quote

Two entries ready to go,  after a bit of testing on my Ninco off road track.

Unfortunately the SCX Citroen 2CV was a waste of time with the magnet removed, just so narrow it fell over everywhere  Tappingfoot
I have 4 of them, and we race them occasionally on my 4 lane routed layout,  but we do off road them, but with the tiny magnet in place,  and they are bonkers with just the right amount of magnetic help they need to stay upright...

On their way to race HQ tomorrow.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 4 members Like Gpa113's post
Quote

Hello everyslotmen !

I'm back from the post office. Post prices have increasygly raised up with the Brexit between EU and UK. And our creazy French Gvt has created a new tax on every package coming into France :-( So the costs are too high for me (or I should move to US, or Australia, or UK but I have no plan for a such relocation). My car (Mitoos) was ready but reasonably with near to 70€ of transport and taxes I must give up.

Many thanks to Graham for all what he did and is doing for this proxy and to all of you for your welcome and your involvement (tracks, cars...).
I wish you many fun with this original Extreme Proxy (that I will follow on this forum) and hope to see you at the next Dakar (next May in France nearby Limoges).

Best regards.
Marc
[+] 3 members Like Marcury's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi folks,
been testing out the 1st stage indoors to see how it runs, I am hoping to run this outdoors next week if the weather allows as it seems a natural thing to do with off roading, plus the wife's not too pleased about having her keep fit room taken over for a few days  Talking 

But here are some pics of the main features of the circuit

     

   

   

   

   

   


Hopefully I will be able to announce the final runners on Monday, as I am still expecting a couple of vehicles to arrive.

Some overhead shots of the track layout

   

   


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
[+] 5 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Wavegreen Good morning folks

here is the list of entrants vehicles which have arrived, possible that we might get another one or two before we start the event Stage 1
As all the other Entrants limited themselves to 2 vehicles each, I have also decided to only enter 2 vehicles

   


And here is the "Rutland Rout" Track plan 

   

I have also managed in the last few days to secure an elusive Ninco Raid track circuit which I now intend to use on the final stage when the vehicles are returned to me.
[+] 5 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Wavegreen Good morning folks

Thought I would have a go at the pre-event photo presentation.

So the vehicles are gathering at the rendezvous point at the Oasis

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

[attachment=17336]

   

   
[+] 5 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)