Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting

The Moggie was originally planned as a Panda car but I do quite fancy a Raid spec, I do have a nice selection of shells that COULD be used though, an A30, a DS19 or a MkI Jag, or even a Ford Galaxie, my original idea is also a possibility, a 2CV.
I think the idea of a Broadspeed Mini Sprint is pushing it too far Rofl

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post
Quote

I was planning on a raid spec classic scalextric 911 (70’s era with the big wheels), but I don’t have a 3D printer and can’t find anyone that does a raid chassis (cheap) for them. All your body shells sound awesome, dare to be different!
[+] 1 member Likes Mike174's post
Quote

Dare to be different  Wavegreen

I fully agree,  so I've got a Ford Fiesta XR2i for the scratch built class...

So far it is showing a lot of potential,  but not much of it positive  Rofl
[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post
Quote

If anyone wants to post pictures of their cars on here so I can add them to the Facebook group I would really appreciate it, no matter what stage of buid., We are covering the event on its own special page on Facebook (link below)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3763204423763461/

Thanks guys
Quote

Hi Top Down,
You are welcome to join in with the proxy, I have cleared the old personsl messages but still getting a warning that it is full, so I will contact Administration tomorrow. Also not received your emails, but we will sort this out in the next day or two
Quote

I think you then need to empty your 'waste bin' to clear your messages.

I love puttering with gears
Quote

Many thanks to BARacer, that seemed to do it  Sun
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Took my cars for a final (and first!) shake down. Scratch built car seemed ‘tippy’ on the fast wood track so fingers crossed for a slower off road stage layout. Think i’ll Add some weight then send them off and cross my fingers!
[+] 1 member Likes Mike174's post
Quote

Wavegreen Hi Folks,
well after a long break, it's proxy time again for me

There is 6 hosts with potentially 12 stages who will push your Extreme Slotting cars to their limits ( or almost)
Each host can nominate a Garage name and names for each of the 2  stages.

So my Garage name is Harlequin and there will be 2 stages, Belvoir Challenge and the Rutland Rout

Stage 1 is scheduled to take place at Harlequin on the 28th August
Stage 2 & 3  is scheduled to take place in Hereford on the 4th & 5th September, and our host is  Phil F
Stages 4 & 5 on the 11th & 12th September in South Wales, and our host is James A
Stages 6 & 7 on the 18th & 19th September in Wrexham, and our host is Paul C
Stages 8 & 9 on the 25th & 26th September in Woking, and our host is Pip B
Stages 10 & 11 on the 2nd & 3rd October in East Anglia and our host is Brian R
Finally returning to Harlequin for the 12th and final stage on 9th October

The days of each stage may be altered by a day or so within the timeframe in order to accommodate the hosts personal commitments 

Each stage will be run to determine each cars total number of Full (and partial ) Laps recorded in a specified time and this will be determined by each of the hosts depending on their Stage complexity, and the number of competing vehicles eventually declared. Each vehicle will be run 3 times over the course, and the best run will be the final recorded result recorded. Results and winners of each stage will be recorded for each class and hopefully we might get some interesting pics etc along the way.

At the end of the 12 stages a event winner for each of the 2 separate Classes will be announced, and prizes (vouchers) will be awarded to the 2 winners.
There will also be a 3rd prize awarded for the best presented Scratchbuild designed vehicle as judged by the Hosts.

Here is a list of the current Entrants:
Andy P
Pip B
Paul C
Marc M
Kevin V
Simon K
Gerry F
Paul M
James A
Mike S
Phil F
Woodland Fort Team (Bernie & Michael)
James S
Doug P
Graham E
Looking forward to receiving the cars during next week  Wrench
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote

Here is the Team from Harlequin Garage

   

   
[+] 4 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)