Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
rallydragon, that is very interesting, perhaps we have 3 possible hosts & about 6 possible entries. I think we should keep raising this and maybe posting more photos etc.
Certainly the Ninco drop-arm obstacle issue can easily be solved by limiting the nature of the obstacles.
Even if we organise something just on here as a small group, then that might be a starting point, and if others start to become interested then that would be a bonus.
At the moment I am preoccupied alittle with the BTJG Roadrace, so would we prefer to consider doing this perhaps in the Autumn.
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Hi Alan, yes they do and they look very good but I don't know if they would fit a Scalex I-Pace. If there was sufficient interest I thought about contacting someone who makes 3d parts to see if they could do one for this model. Sounds like fun to be able to run these cars in this fashion.
•
Posts: 144
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 169 in 79 posts
Likes Given: 186
Joined: Dec 2020
Anyone tried building a ‘home made’ raid chassis? Drop arms are £4 from pendle, I was toying with the idea of having a fiddle and trying to create my own. Chances are it might be terrible and not work. The purpose built chassis look amazing but they are a tad out of my price range.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
The only Dakar type car I have is the classic Peugeot 405 T16. Too precious to send to a proxy event! A bit early to commit to this event but definitely interested.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Just remembered that I have a home-brewed drop-arm car - Mercedes G-Wagen. I threw this together about 20 years ago and only really use it occasionally as a course car. It is an early Tamiya Mini 4WD kit fitted with a Scalextric motor and crude drop-arm. The drop-arm was the easiest way to fit a guide as the front gear housing is bulky.
Newer Tamiyas include Toyota Landcruisers and 4-Runners which could be re-worked although the transmission arrangements have worm drive so not very quick.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
Hi Guys,
I have the full Ninco Off Road Set, minus cars.
We run the balmy little SCX Citroen 2CV's, which have a drop arm guide and they are great fun.
I also have a permanent 4 lane routed layout, into which Scalextric ramp jumps can be fitted, so a bit more like the crazy Australian racing I have found on the wonderful world of YouTube
I run my own club, so am use to be the organiser/host/race official etc, etc
Would be more than happy to get involved.
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Hi Gpa113, that would be great to have you on board as a potential host.
I think we can make this a really fun event, The obstacle side will need to be tailored for the shorter drop arm Ninco's but I am sure that is not a major issue.
•
Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
Thanks Graham,
Sounds good fun,
Pip
•