Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Final batch of Tarn Models figures painted
#11

Hi Hub  ,I was thinking along the lines of more spectators ,there are enough drivers mechanics and camera crew  .and I think spring or autumn clothing ,that should sort most weather conditions .
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post
Quote
#12

(17th-Dec-20, 05:05 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
It's a big learning curve and new figures are a bit tricky ,so will be a while yet ,not only that it's cold in the shed and stuff takes ages to set of dry

Do what I do when it's cold....work on the kitchen table Thumbup
Quote
#13

Gordon ,strange as it may seem I for have a kitchen table !!! Just a dining table and that has all the table decorations on it so no room there  Wrench
Quote
#14

(18th-Dec-20, 10:40 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Gordon ,strange as it may seem I for have a kitchen table !!! Just a dining table and that has all the table decorations on it so no room there  Wrench

Ah, I forgot you only have a medium sized mansion to try and fit a castle's worth of christmas decoration in! Tease
Quote
#15

(18th-Dec-20, 06:10 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Hi Hub  ,I was thinking along the lines of more spectators ,there are enough drivers mechanics and camera crew  .and I think spring or autumn clothing ,that should sort most weather conditions .
Hi Fluff, that sounds good. I think ordinary spectators are most needed.
Even the figure of that man with his child on his shoulders is an exception, which cannot be used too often on the track.

   
On the left is the man with his child on his shoulders.
[+] 1 member Likes rallyhub's post
Quote
#16

Hi Hub ,you are correct ,the more non descript they are the more you can use them .
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated  Wrench
Quote
#17

Hi Gordon ,certainly a bigger lounge would be an advantage ,or I remove more furniture Idea
Quote
#18

How about modular figures?

Separate heads, bodies and legs so that you can 'mix and match' and create lots more variations...

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#19

Hi BAG ,shortened version  .I will have enough trouble making a mould for one complete figure ,let alone trying to fit loads of bits together ,not that I wouldn't like to try ,I just don't know if I can do it .A good suggestion though .
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post
Quote
#20

(19th-Dec-20, 05:10 PM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote:  How about modular figures?

Separate heads, bodies and legs so that you can 'mix and match' and create lots more variations...

That's what Lawrence did in the beginning, when the figures were still cast from tin.
For example, on spectator TMF 703, at least three different heads could be chosen, as shown on the photo below.
More variety could be added by gluing the head not straight, but slightly twisted on the shoulders.

   
Four times TMF 703: On the left the later one-piece resin version,
along with three early tin versions.
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil Kalbfell
11th-Jul-26, 05:01 AM
Last Post by rallyhub
6th-Nov-22, 12:04 PM
Last Post by Fluff
12th-Mar-22, 02:02 PM
Last Post by HWP
15th-Nov-21, 09:49 PM
Last Post by Anglocanadian
7th-Jul-21, 02:04 PM
Last Post by dreinecke
22nd-Mar-21, 11:35 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)