Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Final batch of Tarn Models figures painted

Hi everybody.

Last week I painted my last batch of Tarn Models figures (before named Tarn Model Foundry).
After several years of staying in their blister packs, they are finished now.
Here are some photos of the painting process:

rallyhub Thumbup

Tarn Models figures still in their blister packs.                                                                     The figures are glued together.

After degreasing a layer of white primer was applied.                                                     The painting of the figures.

The Lancia 037 of Belgian Patrick Snijers in front of                                                         5,4,3,2,1, Go!!!
the Ford RS200 of fellow countryman Robert Droogmans.

The figures of Tarn Models finally placed on the track.
[+] 10 members Like rallyhub's post

Nicely done Hub. Thumbup

Hello Hub,
Great job on those - and your others.
The arrival of the Tarn figures  was a significant moment in the history of slot-racing scenery - especially rally oriented scenery.
Lawrence produced a couple of figures from the Italian Job movie (1968). I hoped for a Charlie Croker and others but sadly the Tarn Model Foundry ceased production. I got the pre-painted models. (Gold ingots are my own production.)

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post

(15th-Dec-20, 05:35 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  The arrival of the Tarn figures  was a significant moment in the history of slot-racing scenery - especially rally oriented scenery.

That is absolutely true.
Lawrence did an excellent job, for which I am still grateful to him.

rallyhub Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes rallyhub's post

(15th-Dec-20, 05:35 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Lawrence produced a couple of figures from the Italian Job movie (1968). I hoped for a Charlie Croker and others but sadly the Tarn Model Foundry ceased production. I got the pre-painted models. (Gold ingots are my own production.)

Leo

Ah that explains something. Fluff has the mould for the blue painted figures on the left. It doesn't include the baseball bat, which presumably was a separate mould so it looked just like an Airfix soldier and he didn't bother to cast any.

Hello Brian,
It seemed a bit odd as the I-T figures would only have a limited appeal so I suspect that they were a personal thing of Lawrence's or perhaps done as a favour for someone.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

(16th-Dec-20, 12:39 PM)MOTD Wrote:  so it looked just like an Airfix soldier.

What immediately struck me about Lawrence's first figures was the difference between their well shaped heads and less detailed bodies.
Later figures had an improved shape and detailing of the bodies.
I think his figures were also closer to 1:35 scale than 1:32.
Maybe he has used existing figures as a basis.
Be that as it may, it was high time that new slot racing/rally figures were introduced and he did.

I hope Fluff will introduce new figures soon.

rallyhub Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like rallyhub's post

(16th-Dec-20, 06:49 PM)rallyhub Wrote:  ...
 I hope Fluff will introduce new figures soon.

rallyhub Thumbup

Charlie Croker?   Beckerman?  Lorna?  Camp Freddie?  Mr Bridger?  Big William? Miss Peach?  Etcetera, Etcetera?

Leo

Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
It's a big learning curve and new figures are a bit tricky ,so will be a while yet ,not only that it's cold in the shed and stuff takes ages to set of dry
[+] 3 members Like Fluff's post

(17th-Dec-20, 05:05 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
Hi Fluff,

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Some more different spectators would be very nice.
They could be useable for both; race and rally tracks.

Success with the creation of your new figures.

rallyhub Thumbup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fluff
12th-Mar-22, 02:02 PM
Last Post by Tibbs
5th-Feb-22, 12:06 PM
Last Post by HWP
15th-Nov-21, 09:49 PM
Last Post by Anglocanadian
7th-Jul-21, 02:04 PM
Last Post by dreinecke