Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Hub ,I was thinking along the lines of more spectators ,there are enough drivers mechanics and camera crew .and I think spring or autumn clothing ,that should sort most weather conditions .
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(17th-Dec-20, 05:05 PM)Fluff Wrote: Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
It's a big learning curve and new figures are a bit tricky ,so will be a while yet ,not only that it's cold in the shed and stuff takes ages to set of dry
Do what I do when it's cold....work on the kitchen table
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Gordon ,strange as it may seem I for have a kitchen table !!! Just a dining table and that has all the table decorations on it so no room there
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(18th-Dec-20, 10:40 PM)Fluff Wrote: Gordon ,strange as it may seem I for have a kitchen table !!! Just a dining table and that has all the table decorations on it so no room there 
Ah, I forgot you only have a medium sized mansion to try and fit a castle's worth of christmas decoration in!
•
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(18th-Dec-20, 06:10 PM)Fluff Wrote: Hi Hub ,I was thinking along the lines of more spectators ,there are enough drivers mechanics and camera crew .and I think spring or autumn clothing ,that should sort most weather conditions .
Hi Fluff, that sounds good. I think ordinary spectators are most needed.
Even the figure of that man with his child on his shoulders is an exception, which cannot be used too often on the track.
On the left is the man with his child on his shoulders.
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Hub ,you are correct ,the more non descript they are the more you can use them .
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Gordon ,certainly a bigger lounge would be an advantage ,or I remove more furniture
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
How about modular figures?
Separate heads, bodies and legs so that you can 'mix and match' and create lots more variations...
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi BAG ,shortened version .I will have enough trouble making a mould for one complete figure ,let alone trying to fit loads of bits together ,not that I wouldn't like to try ,I just don't know if I can do it .A good suggestion though .
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(19th-Dec-20, 05:10 PM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote: How about modular figures?
Separate heads, bodies and legs so that you can 'mix and match' and create lots more variations...
That's what Lawrence did in the beginning, when the figures were still cast from tin.
For example, on spectator TMF 703, at least three different heads could be chosen, as shown on the photo below.
More variety could be added by gluing the head not straight, but slightly twisted on the shoulders.
Four times TMF 703: On the left the later one-piece resin version,
along with three early tin versions.