5th-Feb-23, 09:42 AM
(26th-Jan-23, 09:51 AM)Graham Wrote: I have amended the rules to allow for Ninco Raid chassis to be used with non standard bodies in R5 (Dakar Sprint Race) Category.
R5 Class (Dakar Sprint Race) Drop arms if used should be no longer than 4cm in length with a maximum drop of 1cm. It recommended to use sprung guides.
Where is the 4cm measurement taken from? Is it the active length of the drop arm, ie the axis of rotation of the guide, to axis of rotation of the drop arm to chassis? Or does the whole drop arm, to its extremities, need to fit within 4cm? The Ninco drop arm I purchased from Australia a few weeks ago, has an active length of 4cm, but to the extremities will be around 5mm longer than this. As you know, Ninco drop arms are hard to find, but may still be some shorter ones in the USA.
I hope the new rule means "active length", then it will conform by "luck", rather than "intention". Chassis were available from Pendle, but no signs of any drop arms anywhere in Europe. I bought it, expecting it to be the standard one for the chassis.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)