Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I'm looking forward to seeing the Lister up close.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 3,216
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,784 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(3rd-Feb-25, 12:59 PM)Kevan Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing the Lister up close.
I suspect the rear wing will be an issue as the rubber struts don’t sit tightly enough in the body.
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Built, balanced and ready to race...
Really trying for results this time (again...). An occasional podium would be nice!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Cool photo
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Blame Doug!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 25th-Feb-25, 10:31 AM by
BAracer.)
Posts: 307
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 583 in 224 posts
Likes Given: 497
Joined: Dec 2020
Location Herne Bay
My Group C entry is ready, hopefully have time for a bit of a shakedown at the club this evening then it'll be in the post along with my LMP
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 9 in 5 posts
Likes Given: 19
Joined: Dec 2022
Howdy folks! I have been away from proxy racing for just over a decade, but remember it fondly, even hosting a couple of races back in the early teens at our club track. (
Austin Slot Car Club) Recently, a member of our club inspired me to jump back in when she built out a couple of cars for a proxy here in the states. I stumbled across this global challenge with Revoslots and I thought I would throw my hat in the ring. So... from across the pond in the Great State of Texas, USA comes a custom livery Dodge Viper. This is my first custom livery using an airbrush, which I'm sure is evident to the more experienced airbrush painters. (Getting the thinning right to avoid the orange peel on clear coat is tough!)
I built it to the mechanical spec I have run successfully on our club track, a
50+ foot routed
wood course, so if it finds similar conditions it should at least be drivable. [I hope]
Hope the racers find it at least tolerable and possibly fun to run.
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I often watch the youtubeage of racing on that fine looking track.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•