(9th-Apr-21, 08:17 AM)The BARacer Wrote: From my beginners perspective, there is not much chance for me to tune my car on the intended track for the event, so my joy will come from just seeing it traverse all those weird and exotic obstacles rather than looking for the win.
Which gave me another thought...in October, everything will be back to normal (!), and on the basis that I would drive a fair distance to drive my car off-road and learn how it behaves over Dakar terrain, why not drop the proxy and hire a village hall and set up all the tracks Slotracer.Online can muster and we all have one great big tea and cake and sand dune Slotfest?
(Can you tell I have been re-watching the French YouTube links posted earlier!)
I work in a lighthouse on a tidal island with a function room. For any future events you might want to run If you wanted to run an event in the function room and possibly with some outside stages it could work (as long as you don’t mind being stranded while the tide cuts us off!). You could hire it for the weekend and have a huge weekend championship. The only issue would be that I live in the North East, which seems like it’s the wrong end of the country for most of you.
(This post was last modified: 19th-Apr-21, 01:07 PM by Mike174.)
(19th-Apr-21, 12:22 PM)Graham Wrote: Qman, the good news is that your cars have now turned a wheel on a track, at least when I road tested them, just not sure if all 4 were turning though
So just to update on the format, rules and fees aspect please see attached document
Also note that the event is now planned for September (changed from October), so cars will be required here by the end of August.
I have also attached an entrant list, so please have a look to see if you are listed and if not let me know please. Also please confirm which of the 2 basic classes you are entering and how many cars in each class.
I will be back soon
(This post was last modified: 2nd-Jun-21, 06:46 PM by Graham.)
I will be entering 2 cars in each class (subject to the cars actually working when I can get to a track to test them)
I do have a couple of questions though (you must expect that from me by now):
1. Will any of the tracks have a loose surface? talcum powder, sand, blackboard paint
2. You state rubber tyres ONLY, is that for both classes or can I run sponge tyres on my scratchbuild?
To be honest I would rather hear from people who have lots of questions before we get into it, then those who wished they had asked questions and are disappointed.
1. I see why not, but not talc for me at least this year as it would make a mess inside, but I have thought if I did this outside in future years that would be quite possible, but wet sand or artificial wet grass, sounds great to me. I think blackboard paint would be too mild.
2. No foamed tyres, it may soak up the water when it runs through the river
since it IS rally raid
and it IS 1st time and for FUN really
1 surface , 1st time lets go any surface
2 tyres , 1st time lets go any type tyre
3 4wd v 2wd 1st time lets just run
4 ninco v scx v scratch 1st time lets just run
5 everything else , its 1st time
we need to try 1st , then we will have a better idea
should be a nice learning curve for all