Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Extreme Slotting
#11

Mind you when this Xtreme E actual racing series starts up in March, I would not be surprised to see SCX or Ninco resurrecting this theme (they should see this as a good opportunity).

And that's why I think this idea may catch on for a Proxy event.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#12

Rallyhub's Dakar track LINK would be ideal for this event if he still has it.
Quote
#13

Yes just what I have in mind for the future, there is the Rallye Raid -Dakar slot car event in France in May which has been promoted on the other forum, I can really see this gaining momentum. And it does seem more popular on the continent. 

 I would put together an event with a few other hosts if sufficient people were up for it ?
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#14

(6th-Mar-21, 03:31 PM)CMOTD Wrote:  Rallyhub's Dakar track LINK would be ideal for this event if he still has it.

I still have it, but proxy racing is not my key interest in the hobby.
Quote
#15

I would have a go, it’s another discipline that I have never come across, but it looks cool and that’s good enough for me!
Does anyone know if there are kits that can convert older cars to using drop arms? Such as universal 3D chassis with drop arms that could be used rather than buying raid cars?
Cheers
Wrench Yes
[+] 1 member Likes Mike174's post
Quote
#16

I don't think there are universal ones as such, but I know a guy who has made a couple of off road chassis for drop arms for certain Revell static models. So if we had enough interest I might ask him if he could do something.

But first we need some hosts who have the track available, and enough interested participants. 

I posted the idea in the hope we might find some, but I think this is something Probably for the medium to long term, be surprised if we could generate enough interest this year but I am forever the optimist
Quote
#17

I think it’s a great idea personally, especially with minimised interactions proxy racing is a good alternative (I would/will still enjoy and participate when/if restrictions are lifted!).
Thinking about it, I probably wouldn’t be able to get a car assembled in time. But i’ll Give it a go if it happens.
[+] 1 member Likes Mike174's post
Quote
#18

i would be happy to participate 
   
will give me a reason to use this touareg
but sadly i do not have any of the rough terrain track to be able to host 

Kev
Quote
#19
Sad 

I suspect there is alot of "shelf queen" off roaders about gathering dust, sadly never to see a suitable track 

That is unless we provide some  Bigsmile
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#20

Hiya all,

I have an SCX off road track & a fair few off road slot cars and would certainly be interested in getting in involved in an off road proxy series if one was being organised! With the SCX track, other off road vehicles like Ninco are fine on some of the obstacles like the hills so you just have to be selective to allow anyone competing a fair run against an SCX car! 

?
[+] 2 members Like Rallydragon85's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
18th-Sep-25, 08:52 AM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Mar-24, 08:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)