Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(17th-Aug-23, 03:48 PM)classicchrisk Wrote: Cars arrived home, today, relatively safely.
I say "relatively" safely, as the rear body mount on the Land-Rover, had become detached. I suspect this was probably the cause of the below expectation performance on the final stage.
Really glad it held out, as long as it did!!
Almost repaired, just waiting for the epoxy to fully cure!
Yes that's how the car arrived back to me, so i had the same thought myself. Was it loose when run or during transporting the cars back .......?
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
All I can say is that I just took the car (and all the cars) off the polyboard base, put it on the track, ran it, put it back on the polyboard...No fiddling around with it trying to find it's magic ingredient. And the de-slots were just gentle rolls off the track on the tight corners.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 132
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 101 in 60 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Apr 2021
(17th-Aug-23, 05:52 PM)BARacer Wrote: All I can say is that I just took the car (and all the cars) off the polyboard base, put it on the track, ran it, put it back on the polyboard...No fiddling around with it trying to find it's magic ingredient. And the de-slots were just gentle rolls off the track on the tight corners.
Doesn't really matter, it had enough in the bank to still maintain its class position.
Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
My VW Touareg arrived home safely today, thank you Graham.
Really enjoyed this event, many thanks for organising again.
Pip
•