In this week’s Digest…
- RevoSlot McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans 1995 Just landed from RevoSlot are models of the 1995 Gulf-sponsored McLaren F1 GTR cars that raced at the 1995 Le Mans 24 Hours. The #24 of Blundell, Bellm and Sala finished fourth. These 1:32 scale models are available separately or in a twin pack.
- Pioneer Bullitt Dodge vs Mustang Just arrived from Pioneer are a pair of screen classics – Steve McQueen’s 390GT and the Hitman’s Dodge Charger R/T 400. The two cars are welcome re-release for all film and muscle car fans who might have missed them the first time round.
- Teamslot Zakspeed Escort Mk2 D&W Just arrived from Spain is another Group 5 Zakspeed Escort. This livery was raced by Walter Nussbaumer, Willi Bergmeister and – most notably – Hans Soldeck during the 1979 DRM season. The Escort is available from all Teamslot retailers, including Jadlam Toys & Models who have recently added Teamslot and Avant Slot to their slot car range.
- AFX Chevy Camaro SS396 AFX are bringing back their HO scale Camaro SS396 next month to join a growing classic muscle car range. In orange with white stripes and clear windows, this Camaro will look great on track or in the display case.
- The Return of AutoWorld’s Super III This inline HO chassis always promised much, but has mostly left HO slot car fans disappointed. However, an updated version is back this autumn in a four-car, eight-livery release that features an eclectic mix of body styles.
- Slot.it Porsche 962C Le Mans 1991 Slot.it have provided an update on their Joest Porsche 962C that features a central-pillar rear wing. Two versions of the wing will be provided with model – one for racing and one for display. The first livery – the Konrad Motorsport car driven by Hans Stuck, Derek Bell and Frank Jelinski – will be available later in the year.
- Slot.it Porsche 962C KH Nürburgring 1989 Just announced is another cracking Slot.it Group C Porsche livery – this one is the car Jochen Dauer drove to third place at the 1989 Supercup Super Sprint at the Nürburgring. The model is expected at the end of the year.
- Avant Slot Nissan 240RS The design phase for Avant Slot’s new rally car is nearly complete. In the meantime, you can have a play with a 3D file via the Avant Slot Facebook page. Innovative or what!
- Slot Magazine 53 Hot of the press is the latest edition of Slot – a UK-based magazine dedicated to slot cars. You can read the full contents page – and find out how to buy Slot – over at ePilot’s wonderful magazine thread on the forum.
Tracks and Scenery
Slot Car Racing
- Wye Valley Rally Raid Live! The Extreme Slotting proxy cars took part in Wye Valley’s live Rally Raid event over the weekend. There’s loads of fabulous coverage over in Wye Valley’s public Facebook group – and expect an update in the Proxy Racing forum soon.
- This Week’s ‘Your Club’ News We have the latest updates from Bury St Edmunds (pictured), GOLD, Manx, New South Wales and Norwich slot car clubs over in the Your Club forum.
- With a century of racing under its belt, it seems beyond ridiculous that the Belgian Grand Prix at the end of this month is rumoured to be the last F1 race at Spa – with possible replacements including the less than inspiring Shanghai, Las Vegas, or even Losail. While we cross our fingers and hope that sense prevails, let’s take a look at the fabulous Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
- Spa is a crown jewel of F1 Andrew Frankel presents a convincing case as to why Spa should remain on the F1 calendar. I’m sure most F1 fans would totally agree.
- Spa Track Plans We have a large and accurate routed Spa track plan with all the elevations too. We also have Scalextric and Ninco versions.
- Original Layout We’ve also got a plan for the original layout as part of our rework of 101 Circuits for Scalextric Drivers
- More Plans Model Car & Track magazine also published practical plans of the circuit for various track systems, as part of their Grand Prix Circuits series.
- Inspired For the atmosphere of Spa, we’d highly recommend a look at Reeves’ Spa inspired Scalextric track.
- Grand Prix Spa is also featured in our exclusive feature on the classic film Grand Prix, with behind the scenes shots of Jean Pierre Sarti’s crash.
- News Forum With such a long and distinguished history, it will come as no surprise that we have features on several cars which raced at Spa, including…
- 24 hours of Spa 2022 We wrap up our Spa feature with the newly released ‘cinematic’ review of this year’s 24 hour race. It was a magical weekend on a truly wonderful circuit.
- Bizzarrini Revival Series The name and legacy of Giotto Bizzarrini has been revived – the first of just 24 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Revival Corsa models being hand built in the UK. Keeping as close to the original car as possible, only minor changes have been made to accommodate modern safety standards.
- Formula-E 2022 Round 15/16 The FIA’s premier electric racing championship reached its climax in Seoul at the weekend. Fans had the opportunity to have their own Formula-E racing at home, thanks to Scalextric. You can find out what happened in the real thing – and watch highlights of both races – on the official FIA Formula-E website.
- BTCC Snetterton Scalextric also produce a fabulous range of modern BTCC cars – and the full-size British Touring Car Championship was in action over the weekend in Norfolk. You can catch up with all the goings-on and post-race fallout over on the official website.
- Nascar at Richmond The Nascar playoffs start next month – and the final three races feature a short track at Richmond, Watkins Glen’s legendary road course and the iconic Superspeedway at Daytona. You can watch extended highlights of a highly-tactical race at Richmond on the Nascar YouTube Channel.