Issue 18 of our weekly slot car catch-up features a Track Planning special!
- Lola T70 Mk.IIIB Fein Design have released a 1/24 scale kit of the Lola T70 Mk.IIIb which was driven by Teddy Pilette and Gustave Gosselin at Le Mans in 1970. The Chevrolet engined car, entered by Racing Team VDS suffered from transmission problems and retired after 10 hours.
- George Turner Models George has been busy as usual, and this week announced two new models and even a new wooden track system.
- Revoslot Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GTA Yes, Revoslot… 1:32 scale… Not another 1990s GT car… What’s going on? It’s been rumoured that Revoslot might make a detour into BRM Group 2 saloon country, but the announcement of a 1:32 scale, metal-chassis, BRM-component Alfa GTA has confirmed it.
- Revoslot Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 Yes, more 1:32 scale classic saloon cars from Revoslot… Following on from the Alfa Guilia Sprint GTA is a Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 in three initial liveries and a white kit – all scheduled for a July 2022 release.
Devin Super Sport
- Devin Super Sport Pete Shepherd at Racing Replicas has been building his third Devin Super Sport for the same customer. The model comes from a Pendles kit which is apparently “a real pleasure to build”.
- Devin Sports Cars Bill Devin may not be the most famous of race car builders, but the “The Enzo Ferrari of the Okie Flats”, an ex US Navy mechanic, pioneered the use of fibreglass bodies, with some success.
- Irish-American Sports Car Engineered in Ireland and styled in California, the Devin SS perfected the Shelby Cobra recipe half a decade before the first Cobra was made. But it never had the chance to succeed.
- History of 60-70’s Vintage motors Anthony has been assembling a list of historical slot car motors using source material from old vintage slot magazines. So if you want to know the difference between a Pittman DC70 and a Mini Auto DH18 then this might be just the thread for you.
- Roncole Verde Vintage Meeting Turin’s Vintage Slot Meeting is the most classic and well-known appointment in the vintage slot car world, and this years theme is USA vs UK Racing cars until 1972. The spirit of this meeting is to gather the most exact and accurate examples of the originals slot cars in 1/24 and 1/32 scales reproducing a real car of the period.
- Slotmania May 7th 2022 Slotmania is the biggest slotcar show in Europe, and the meeting point of the German and European collecting community. Available at the show are single models, sets and kits, track, spare parts, accessories and literature of all known brands, all vintages. You can find mint collector items as well as reduced-price used items for racing.
Tracks & Scenery
Track Planning – Special Feature
- Ultimate Racer The only current track design software for all track systems, including routed tracks. Windows only. UR comes highly recommended.
- Rail Modeller Mac only track design software with several track systems.
- SlotMan The only free software left. It’s outdated, no longer supported, and no longer available. But we saved you a copy, and we’ve also got the help files
- Track Planning Forum Show off your track designs, get advice, and ask questions over on the forum.
- Track Plans Our very own selection of over 170 slot track plans from nine different systems, in every possible scale.
- Vintage Tracks A selection of slot tracks and layouts from our Library of vintage magazines.
- F1 Tracks Over 50 F1 track plans for Scalextric, Ninco, Tomy, Airfix and routed tracks.
- Ultimate Racer Layout Archive User contributed, downloadable track plans for Ultimate Racer.
- Tracks Around The World A huge collection of real world circuit plans from all around the world.
- Racing Line Circuits Another great resource for real world track plans.
- Rally Maps A fantastic database for those of you who might want to recreate the Dalby Forest stage of the 1982 Mintex International Rally, though many other maps are also available.
- This Week’s News Head over to the SlotRacer Online ‘Your Club’ section for all the latest from Southend, Worthing Digital, Manx, Norwich and Woodland Fort slot car clubs. If you’d like to add details of your club, simply add a post in the club forum.
- Club Directory We are also building a directory of clubs around the world, together with a map. If you’d like your club to be included, drop us a line.
Car Show Season is Here!
- Italian Cars at Brooklands The historic Brooklands Museum hosted their popular Italian Car Day with hundreds of Fiats, Lancias, Maseratis, Ferraris, Alfas, Abarths, Lamborghinis and some more esoteric marques. Brooklands is a fabulous day out – keep an eye out for more special car events through the year.
- Goodwood Breakfast Club Many of the same cars attended the first Goodwood Breakfast Club of 2022. Supercar Sunday wasn’t blessed with same scorching hot weather as Brooklands, but thousands of visitors took the opportunity of free tickets to soak up some amazing sights and sounds. There are four more Breakfast Club events this year.
- Yorkshire Classic & Performance Motor Show This is a regular Bank Holiday Monday treat for classic car fans, held in the grounds of Ripley Castle near Harrogate. A cloudy day, but the rain held off. Details of more fabulous summer car show events – mostly in the north of England – can be found on the Great British Motor Shows website.
- Goodwood Members’ Meeting Highlights Editing down the best of the 79th Members’ Meeting to just 27 minutes can’t have been an easy job! From the usual tin-top high-jinks to some incredible Can-Am and Group C machinery, it’s all here for you to enjoy.
- GT World Europe at Brands Hatch The Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe returned to Brands Hatch for a Sprint Cup double-header over the Bank Holiday weekend. The big news in the paddock was Valentino Rossi – a huge fan favourite. The official GT World Europe website has a full recap from the weekend and you can watch both races on their YouTube Channel.
- 2022 Monaco E-Prix Just hours after unveiling the next generation of electric racing car, the Formula-E circus descended on the streets of Monte Carlo, serving up another memorable race. You can catch up with Saturday’s action – including a highlights video – on the Formula-E website.
- Templários Rally Classic 2022 It was a busy schedule of rally events across the world this weekend. António Cruz Monteiro and Nuno Sousa took their Peugeot 208 T16 to victory at the Templário Rally Classic in Portugal. You can find all the weekend’s results over at the incredible www.ewrc-results.com.
- Nascar at Dover Sunday’s Cup race was rained off – but Nascar remained hopeful there’d be racing on Monday. Great news for UK fans on their Bank Holiday! You can follow all the latest news from the Nascar world on the official website.