Let’s catch up with all the best bits of week 34
- Avant Slot Peugeot 207 S2000 Monte Carlo 2011 Expected to arrive next week are these three Peugeot 207 S2000 cars that made up the works team at the 2011 Rally Monte Carlo, including rally winner Bryan Bouffier. You can discover more in the News forum.
- NSR Mosler MT 900 R 24 Hours of Spa 2007 Arguably the fastest hard-bodied 1:32 slot car ever made, it’s good when NSR put a real-life livery on their legendary Mosler. This Gravity International car finished second to another Mosler in the G2 class, ending the race in twenty-second place overall.
- Racing Replicas Broadspeed GTS Mini Pete usually prepares his amazing creations to order, but from time-to-time he’ll produce a little gem and sell it to the public. You can find this unique model on eBay.
Tracks & Scenery
- J-Trak is back After a bit of a spruce up the J-Trak system is now back on site. If you’re looking for a flexible and modular table system for Scalextric track, it’s well worth a look, with dozens of designs, and plenty of practical details.
- On This Day in History We have a new feature on site where we take a brief look at the motorsport and slot car events which happened on this day in history. As well as the link above, it’s also on the home page.
- The Library we have a couple of updates this week with the additions of four Revell brochures and three from Fleischmann.
Slot Car Racing
- Scalextric ARC Air Roadshow Worthing HO Racing took their Scalextric Mini Challenge back on the road this weekend – taking competitive slot car fun to a new audience.
- Extreme Slotting Round 5 The latest instalment of this rally-raid proxy took place on a Ninco off-road layout on Friday and Saturday. You can catch all the action on video and see where the results leave the overall standings.
- Your Club News There are updates this week from Manx, Norwich, New South Wales, Bury St Edmunds, Worthing Digital, Smith Scale Speedway and G.O.L.D.
- Ex-McCluggage Jaguar XK140 This historic 1956 Jaguar XK140 MC DHC, given to pioneering motoring journalist and racing driver Denise McCluggage by Briggs Cunningham is going up for sale. Believed to have been lost, the XK was discovered after sitting in a garage for nearly thirty years.
- Brabham vs Lotus Fight to the Finish This year’s Goodwood Revival is coming up fast – and to get us in the mood we have an incredible duel between the 1.5-litre Formula One Lotus 25 of Andy Middlehurst and the Brabham BT7 of James King from the 2014 Glover Trophy race. This would make a perfect slot car duel too!
- Nascar at Watkins Glen Kimi Räikkönen made his Nascar Cup Series debut on Sunday, taking on the series regulars and the road-course ringers at the iconic track in Upstate New York. You can watch extended highlights on the Nascar YouTube Channel now.
- Rally Ypres The WRC returned to Belgium over the weekend for another highly dramatic blast through the narrow farm lanes of Flanders. You can catch up with the action and watch plenty of the pivotal moments on the WRC website.