What do we have for you in this week’s bite-sized round-up of slot car and motorsport news?
- Slot.it at the UK Slot Car Festival Slot.it brought a whole bunch of future releases and prototypes to the Gaydon at the weekend. We’ve published some of their images over in the News section of the forum.
- Velasur Bugatti T13 GP di Brescia 1921 A new release from artisan slot car modellers Velasur is this stunning Bugatti T13, driven to runner-up spot at the 1921 Grand Prix of Brescia by Pierre de Vizcaya. You can see more pictures on the Velasur Facebook page.
- AutoWorld ‘Rally: World Stage’ Series HO slot car manufacturer AutoWorld have just released images of the first three Ford Escort Mk1 models in their new ‘Rally: World Stage’ series. Fitted to their X-Traction chassis, these cars are previewed in the HO section of the forum.
- Preview: Scalextric Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Scalextric loaned us an early sample of their new BTCC Honda Civic to have a look at. You can read a full preview and track test over in the Reviews section of the forum.
- Teamslot Ford Zakspeed Escort Mk2 These long-awaited Group 5 monsters are coming soon. Woodcote takes a look at some pre-production samples – plus outlines the history of the Zakspeed Escort program – over on the forum.
- Racer Sideways Lexus RC F GT3 Following hot on the heels of the Bentley, these ‘first shot’ images of yet another Racer Sideways GT3 car have caused a ripple of excitement – especially amongst North American Lexus fans. If this racing car has passed you buy, take a look at our News item on the forum.
- Avant Slot BMW 635 CSi Prototype images of the two 1984 Macau Guia cars have been shared by Avant Slot over the weekend. These are two of the first batch of new cars from the original Spirit moulds. You can read more in the News section of the forum.
- Alfa Romeo 179 Patrick Depailler 1980 Kostas Dzingovic has added a new batch of photographs of his amazing Formula One cars to the Golden Era F1 Slot Cars Facebook group. The new umbrellas certainly add a certain je ne sais quoi.
Slot Car Festival
- UK Slot Car Festival Want to know what happened at the weekend? Expect some reports on the forum, but Slot Car Magazine have already shared a whole bunch of excellent images on their Facebook page.
Tracks & Scenery
- New Toronto Track Build Doug has been walking us through his new track build from design to his first powered laps. It’s a sensational layout in a lovely big space. You can see more on the forum.
- Slot Track Scenics Austria The Slot Track Scenics crew took a fabulous new layout to the Slot Car Festival at the weekend. You can see more of the Austria track on their Facebook page.
Slot Car Racing
- American Road Race Proxy The American Road Race reached Woodland Fort for the big climax of the event. You can catch the results and report from the South West on the forum – and watch out for Graham’s summing up of this marathon proxy race.
- Your Club Reports In the SlotRacer ‘Your Club’ forum this week we have reports and updates from Smith Scale Speedway in Charleston, GOLD Racing Club in Norfolk, Southend, Worthing, New South Wales, NSCC, Mussel Bay, Norwich and Manx slot car clubs.
- Gary Knows Best Every wondered what it’s like to go slot racing in another country? Gary Skipp takes you on a trip to Holland for the Suzuka Double Digital event. Don’t forget your passport.
- Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2022 Maybe not as picturesque as Einhoven, but Lake Como is a pretty cool place to hang out and drool over some iconic automobiles. Photojournalist Virgiliu Andone gives us a full re-cap in words and pictures over on the Petrolicious website.
- Monaco Grand Prix Highlights Probably the best way to watch Sunday’s stop-start action… the official F1 highlights can be viewed now on YouTube – 7 minutes is all you need.
- Monaco Track Plan The SlotRacer F1 Slot Track Plans features Monaco layout for Scalextric, Ninco and Tomy AFX.
- 24 Hours Nürburgring 2022 Highlights One of the most atmospheric events on the motorsport calendar, a wonderful 24 hours in the Eifel mountains in condensed down to 14 minutes on the race’s official YouTube Channel. And yes, it is the 2022 race – someone was obviously a bit tired when they post the video!
- Nürburgring Nordschleife Track Plan Oh yes, we have a Scalextric replica of the Nordschleife waiting for you in the SlotRacer Track Plans section!
- Indianapolis 500 Race Highlights You can watch the YouTube highlights of the 106th running of the Indy 500 in a smidgeon under 7 minutes over on the NTT IndyCar Series YouTube Channel now.
- British GT Championship – Donington Park Highlights More YouTube highlights for you – this time from the 3-hour British GT race at Donington Park. Three hours into three minutes – that perfectly bite-sized.
- Donington Park Track Plan Tucked away in the BTCC layouts of our Scalextric track plan section is a living room sized Donington Park.
- Nascar Coca-Cola 600 Highlights Full highlights of the 2022 Coca-Cola 600 race at Charlotte Motor Speedway can be enjoyed over on the Nascar YouTube Channel now.
- BTCC Thruxton No highlights yet, but you can catch-up with a typically frantic weekend of tin-top action over on the BTCC website. Keep an eye out for the ITV highlights programme and YouTube clips.
- Thruxton Track Plan You can re-create the fastest circuit on the BTCC calendar with our Scalextric version of Thruxton.