Welcome to this week’s Digest, with an important milestone, and all the usual slot car news.
This week marks two years since we officially opened the doors on the SlotRacer.Online website and forum, and this year has been even busier than the first, with the site regularly attracting around 100,000 visits per month.
Our members have contributed a huge range of high quality content across the whole of the site, and that’s what really makes this place, and this community. So thanks very much to all of you.
But rest assured there is much, much more to come, in fact we’re only just getting started.
- Brighton to John O’Groats Road Race – Proxy Event 2021 REPORT 28 teams have entered a total of 69 cars across three classes, with cars arriving from around the UK and even the USA. The opening ceremonies have taken place, the cars have all been scrutineered and photographed, and full live coverage of the opening races at Madeira Drive & Devils Dyke follow this weekend, 24th & 25th April.
- World Championship Slot Car Proxy 2021 Voting has begun on the concours event
- Policar & Slot.it Brochures 2021 Galileo Engineering have just published their official brochures for the 2021 Slot.it and Policar ranges. Most of the new tooling has already been announced, although there are a couple of surprises that have been kept under wraps.
- SCX new releases for 2021 SCX have published pictures of their 1/43 scale Compact F1 cars this week.
- SRC Lancia Delta S4 SRC have launched their third version of the Lancia Delta S4. After Tabaton’s Rally Principe de Asturias 1986 winning S4, now the Spaniards enlarge their range with the Rally Costa Brava 1986 winning Delta S4.
- Avant Slot Subaru STi new liveries Woodcote takes a look at the history of the Elfyn Evans & Travis Pastrana cars
- New Hornby TV series Essential viewing, a 10 part series about Hornby, “a quintessentially British institution.”