Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,782 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(12th-Apr-25, 10:25 AM)Kevan Wrote: Just for general info:
Our small sports/saloons class is for narrow cars as I've mentioned before and currently you need to build something special to be competitive...or race a Revo Gr.2. and we classify all Revos as 'Standard Class' but they must use the original motor, chassis, body/interior.
If these MRSlotcar releases are 54mm or less across the tyre walls I'm expecting them to give the Revo Gr2's a real hard time when they eventually show up on our track (one of our club members is a Ferrari nut and will WANT ONE!).
If they are 54mm ? I have a suspicion they might be wider, in which case putting them into the Group 2 category might be quite reasonable
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
I’m just attempting to get 3 cars in the proxy in different classes. It will be fun and we will see how it shakes out. Thanks for the answers.
•
Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,782 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(12th-Apr-25, 02:49 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote: I’m just attempting to get 3 cars in the proxy in different classes. It will be fun and we will see how it shakes out. Thanks for the answers.
I know we have a SRP 25k & a Slimline Scaleauto motor available in the UK, I am curious as whether there is any alternative 25k slimline motors in the USA, if so I could add them to the list ?
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Policar 25k slimline is a great motor.
Scalextric 25k slimline is a great runner, I think that's the green one.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,782 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(12th-Apr-25, 04:30 PM)Kevan Wrote: Policar 25k slimline is a great motor.
Scalextric 25k slimline is a great runner, I think that's the green one.
Yes I was going to include the Policar one, but I was thinking of our friends across the pond who have other aftermarket motors available.
But the motors have to be currently available ones, so no obscure old Scalextric types or others from the distant past
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Policar motor is showing in stock at Professor Motor and Slot Car Corner.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,782 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
ANNOUNCEMENT
Eligible motor list additions.
I have agreed to raise the rpm threshold for Slimline motors only.
They must be currently available ones (no obsolete older types)
The Slimline motors below will be added:
Scaleauto 25k rpm Tech 1
Policar 24.5k rpm
SRP 25k rpm
I will close the additional motor list on the 19th April, please let me know if there are any other Slimline 25k rpm motors which could be considered ?
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
(12th-Apr-25, 10:52 AM)Graham Wrote: (12th-Apr-25, 10:25 AM)Kevan Wrote: Just for general info:
Our small sports/saloons class is for narrow cars as I've mentioned before and currently you need to build something special to be competitive...or race a Revo Gr.2. and we classify all Revos as 'Standard Class' but they must use the original motor, chassis, body/interior.
If these MRSlotcar releases are 54mm or less across the tyre walls I'm expecting them to give the Revo Gr2's a real hard time when they eventually show up on our track (one of our club members is a Ferrari nut and will WANT ONE!).
If they are 54mm ? I have a suspicion they might be wider, in which case putting them into the Group 2 category might be quite reasonable
The C1 body is 56.65mm wide at the doors (the widest part). The rear track width is about 51mm.
The Ferrari body looks a few mm smaller.
Ernie has prototypes on display at Mr Slotcar.
(This post was last modified: 13th-Apr-25, 01:33 AM by
KensRedZed.)
•
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
(13th-Apr-25, 01:28 AM)KensRedZed Wrote: (12th-Apr-25, 10:52 AM)Graham Wrote: (12th-Apr-25, 10:25 AM)Kevan Wrote: Just for general info:
Our small sports/saloons class is for narrow cars as I've mentioned before and currently you need to build something special to be competitive...or race a Revo Gr.2. and we classify all Revos as 'Standard Class' but they must use the original motor, chassis, body/interior.
If these MRSlotcar releases are 54mm or less across the tyre walls I'm expecting them to give the Revo Gr2's a real hard time when they eventually show up on our track (one of our club members is a Ferrari nut and will WANT ONE!).
If they are 54mm ? I have a suspicion they might be wider, in which case putting them into the Group 2 category might be quite reasonable
The C1 body is 56.65mm wide at the doors (the widest part). The rear track width is about 51mm.
The Ferrari body looks a few mm smaller.
Ernie has prototypes on display at Mr Slotcar.
Let him know I need one of those fully sponsored Ferraris in this proxy to help with “sales”
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I'll get right on that for you, Brumos.
•