Conington Park - Wood
Roughwood - wood

Club
Viking - Policar track
Wye valley - Ninco track
SMSRC - Wood
NERCS - wood
Manx - wood

I will in the next week or so put together more information and photos of the Rounds on the introductory initial thread which should be useful. All the tracks should run 23k rpm motors OK. Mostly the tracks are more technical then speedway in nature. Gearing will depend on the motor type you use, and as usual there is a great deal of variation of track surfaces to contend with, so a mid range tyre rubber compound tends to do best.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

(17th-Mar-23, 01:45 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Kevan, is this a host track?  How long is it, what gearing is recommended what’s an average lap time and is 22k too much motor?

Yes.  Track is 13.8v  77 feet long.
10/26 with a 22k motor and 21mm tyres
The quickest saloon (SlotIt Opel, standard motor, treated NSR ultras) can get round in 6.2

I've been working on an SCX Merc C coupe DTM, it has one of the quicker SCX motors (tachos at 20-21k), 10/27, treated NSR Ultras and if I push it really hard can just get a 6.3 out of it.  It's not what I call quick but dead easy to race.

Modified Saloons can get round in 5.9 but those are 64mm wide and some have 30k+ motors.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(17th-Mar-23, 04:09 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(17th-Mar-23, 01:45 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Kevan, is this a host track?  How long is it, what gearing is recommended what’s an average lap time and is 22k too much motor?

Yes.  Track is 13.8v  77 feet long.
10/26 with a 22k motor and 21mm tyres
The quickest saloon (SlotIt Opel, standard motor, treated NSR ultras) can get round in 6.2

I've been working on an SCX Merc C coupe DTM, it has one of the quicker SCX motors (tachos at 20-21k), 10/27, treated NSR Ultras and if I push it really hard can just get a 6.3 out of it.  It's not what I call quick but dead easy to race.

Modified Saloons can get round in 5.9 but those are 64mm wide and some have 30k+ motors.

Do you have any photos showing an overview of the track layout ?

I don't Graham, I found this one on slotforum taken at the old club room possibly 10 years ago before I was a club member.

This was during putting it together to replace the old track that I never saw.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(17th-Mar-23, 05:05 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I don't Graham, I found this one on slotforum taken at the old club room possibly 10 years ago before I was a club member.

This was during putting it together to replace the old track that I never saw.

Is it possible for you to take a couple of new ones next time you meet up ?

OK, I'll do that  Thumbup

Just a quick update on the tracks for the Touring cars Proxy

Home based
Harlequin- Carrera track, lap length 72ft, average lap time for std slot it DTM 8.4 sec (12 volts)
Mountain View -Policar track
Goldrock -Scalextric Sport Track
Conington Park - Wood, lap length 50ft, average approx 5sec for a 23k rpm slot car (12 volts)
Roughwood - wood, lap length 53ft, lap time average 5-6 secs for std Slot it DTM.

Club
Viking - Policar track, lap length 80ft, lap time average -slot it DTM car 7-7.5sec.
Wye valley - Ninco track, lap length 105ft, lap time average -std slot it 9.8sec (12 volts)
SMSRC - Wood, two possible tracks to use.
NERCS - wood lap length 48ft lap time average 5-6 secs
Manx - wood, length 77ft, lap time ave for 23k rpm slot car 6-7 sec (13.8volts)

I will tidy this up on a table and post it once all the information has been received.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Sorry Graham I forgot to take photos of our club track with everything that was going on last Thursday.

...I have a query regarding Class A car spares.
RTR cars must keep the original gear ratio, what about resin bodyshell cars on brass chassis with a Class A motor? Would a standard 9/27 be a good idea?

(27th-Mar-23, 03:00 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Sorry Graham I forgot to take photos of our club track with everything that was going on last Thursday.

RTR cars must keep the original gear ratio, what about resin bodyshell cars on brass chassis with a Class A motor? Would a standard 9/27 be a good idea?

I will have a think about that, as not all standard or Resin scratchbuild cars will be in line……maybe better  just to let it be free choice for gearing for resin body cars.

(27th-Mar-23, 03:00 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Sorry Graham I forgot to take photos of our club track with everything that was going on last Thursday.

I have decided to leave it to the scratch build builder as to what the Gear Ratio should be for Class A Resin scratchbuilds.
The RTR models will still have to follow the "same gear Ratio" instruction as otherwise it would constitute a modification rather than an upgrade in my mind, but we will probably get so few Resin body Class A models if any, and the gearing advantage they might have over the RTR models is very slight if they are restricted to the same motor limit of 18k rpm and the weight disadvantage of the resin body.
So I will include a sentence permitting free choice of gearing for Resin body scratch builds as a concession.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan