14th-Jul-20, 09:22 AM
Hello Jeremy
You can start by mounting the rear bumper to the main body.
Here's some additional info on how to, reposted from my original DiSCA Proton Porsche topic on SF:
Next point of attention was at the rear of the car. Fisrt thing I did was to open up a slot for the rear lights, then I worked on the attachment point of the rear bumper to the main body.
As you can see Scaleauto has used a pin&retaining tab that protrudes quite far into the rear wheel well.
If you're going to run big wheels, an offset pod and a bit of body float (as I will) there's the risk that the tab will rub on the rear tyres.
So I dremelled them away.
![[Image: IMG_7232a.jpg]](http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/Porsche_991/IMG_7232a.jpg)
Like all Scaleauto cars, the Posrche991 body is light and flexible, good for perfomance, not so good for durability ( the opposite being Carrera bodies).
Mind you they are strong enough for most of your regular slotracing activities...but running a car in the Oxigen LM 24hrs is beyond...regular.
Speeds on the 60ft long Mulsanne straight are way above regular.... and accidents do happen, specially at night....in the dark.
To reinforce joints I regularely use Kevlar strands pulled from a piece of Kevlar weave. You'll need a fresh and realy sharp pair of scissor to cut them to the right lenght as the stuff is almost unbreakable
Here Zapp thick CA is used to seal the Kevals strands , fill the gaps and at the same time glue the parts together.
Used it at the fornt as well to reinforce the front splitter and the edges around te glass panels.
The results a strong and durable reinforcement that's less than 0,5mm thick.
![[Image: IMG_7233a.jpg]](http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/Porsche_991/IMG_7233a.jpg)
with kind regards
Tamar
You can start by mounting the rear bumper to the main body.
Here's some additional info on how to, reposted from my original DiSCA Proton Porsche topic on SF:
Next point of attention was at the rear of the car. Fisrt thing I did was to open up a slot for the rear lights, then I worked on the attachment point of the rear bumper to the main body.
As you can see Scaleauto has used a pin&retaining tab that protrudes quite far into the rear wheel well.
If you're going to run big wheels, an offset pod and a bit of body float (as I will) there's the risk that the tab will rub on the rear tyres.
So I dremelled them away.
![[Image: IMG_7232a.jpg]](http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/Porsche_991/IMG_7232a.jpg)
Like all Scaleauto cars, the Posrche991 body is light and flexible, good for perfomance, not so good for durability ( the opposite being Carrera bodies).
Mind you they are strong enough for most of your regular slotracing activities...but running a car in the Oxigen LM 24hrs is beyond...regular.
Speeds on the 60ft long Mulsanne straight are way above regular.... and accidents do happen, specially at night....in the dark.
To reinforce joints I regularely use Kevlar strands pulled from a piece of Kevlar weave. You'll need a fresh and realy sharp pair of scissor to cut them to the right lenght as the stuff is almost unbreakable
Here Zapp thick CA is used to seal the Kevals strands , fill the gaps and at the same time glue the parts together.
Used it at the fornt as well to reinforce the front splitter and the edges around te glass panels.
The results a strong and durable reinforcement that's less than 0,5mm thick.
![[Image: IMG_7233a.jpg]](http://www.slotracinglemans.com/images/Porsche_991/IMG_7233a.jpg)
with kind regards
Tamar

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)