22nd-May-20, 11:46 PM
(6th-May-20, 10:49 PM)slotloco Wrote: Anyone own a 3D resin printer to comment on cost and ease of use ?
I design and make custom 3D printed figures for 1/64 scale. But if there is enough market, they could easily be scaled up to 1/32, 1/24, and even 1/18th scales. Check out my post on 1/64th figures in this scenery section.
But I don't use FDM printers for my car bodies, or figures. Their print quality just isn't good enough for fine details. They're fine for printing chassis. Or track structures. But the finest Most FDM printers can go with upgraded nozzles is a 0.25mm bead. The resin printer I use on its default setting prints at 0.05mm, and can go down to 0.01mm (though it will take a LOT longer to print that fine).
Here's a 1/64 scale driver head I modeled printed at 0.05mm layer height. (It's for use in Chaparral 2H and Vintage F1 cars - see HO section).
I downloaded a couple from Thingiverse which are fine for random crowd poses. But for Pit Crew series, I model them from scratch in 3D and fully rig them (like puppets) so I can put them into any pose needed.
Here's a bunch from my first first series. Working on seated spectators next... clapping, cheering, drinking, doing the wave, etc.
And a custom posed pit crew figure with gas can.
Jim @ [url=https://www.facebook.com/HWPSlotCars/]HWP Slot Cars[/url]
[img=386.390625x84.515625]https://images.shapeways.com/shop/banner/original_10196_1587074315[/img]

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)