29th-Jan-24, 09:10 AM
I tested the Ferrari Can Am car over the weekend, and decided that with the resin body and the limited motor rpm permitted that it was not going to be particularly competitive, The overall weight was 95gms. With a higher spec motor it runs much better.
So looking around for alternatives I searched the shelves for something else, and dusted off these 2 Ford GT40's the Gold one is a NSR the other Red one is a Slot it.
The problem with the NSR is that it has the old type chassis without front axle adjustment, So it appears to be less stable then the slot it. After some time working on the Slot it Ford GT40 at 75gms it started to perform rather well (it least better than I remember it running some years ago). I have ordered a new NSR chassis for the other GT40 MKII and will decide finally which one to use by the registration date.
But I will be now entering a GT40 as my 2nd car in Event 2 (interseries)
[attachment=33552]
So looking around for alternatives I searched the shelves for something else, and dusted off these 2 Ford GT40's the Gold one is a NSR the other Red one is a Slot it.
The problem with the NSR is that it has the old type chassis without front axle adjustment, So it appears to be less stable then the slot it. After some time working on the Slot it Ford GT40 at 75gms it started to perform rather well (it least better than I remember it running some years ago). I have ordered a new NSR chassis for the other GT40 MKII and will decide finally which one to use by the registration date.
But I will be now entering a GT40 as my 2nd car in Event 2 (interseries)
[attachment=33552]

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)