Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Scaleauto R chassis motor pod - what gears can be used?
#8

Although I don't dispute the gearing pitch calculations, TBH I just gear whatever combination gets me the FD ratio I want !

The magic number for Scaleauto RT3 AW pods is around 22mm ... that is diameter of pinion and gear added together.
The RT3 AW has its gear side bearing mount around 1mm further inboard than the Slot.It AW pods.
I have recently used a 16mm gear and 6mm pinion which works well with a 0.5mm spacer between the gear and bearings.
Quote


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tibbs
31st-May-24, 07:31 AM
Last Post by munter
20th-Jul-23, 10:36 PM
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM
Last Post by Charlie
9th-Apr-23, 06:03 PM
Last Post by BAracer
26th-Oct-22, 09:08 PM
Last Post by Farrout1
17th-Feb-22, 04:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)