6th-Aug-22, 12:59 PM
The cars have arrived safely in Norfolk and I have given them all a quick run on my wooden track to check they are functioning OK. Quite a few have twisted/distorted braids due to movement in transit but that is relatively easy to put right. Doug's Hummer needed attention to the guide assembly which was wobbling about due to the connecting rod slipping out of its hole. I have fixed that and added a smidgeon of superglue to keep it in place and prevent a reoccurrence.
I will run the round tomorrow and Tel (Savage GT) will be coming over to assist. As he has two entries of his own I will drive those classes and he will do the other two. Results should be posted on Monday.
Providing the weather stays fine I plan to run it in the back garden so I can use extra bits of track which wouldn't fit in the sewing room last year. Mind you the window cleaner came today and I watered the allotment so the drought will probably break with a huge thunderstorm!
All being well this is the "course with no name" that will challenge the entries tomorrow:
The straights are longer, an extra high bridge has been added plus a length of Scalextric 'dog turd' track. I have also rigged up a couple of Parma controllers to replace the rubbish SCX ones which should give better throttle control.
I will run the round tomorrow and Tel (Savage GT) will be coming over to assist. As he has two entries of his own I will drive those classes and he will do the other two. Results should be posted on Monday.
Providing the weather stays fine I plan to run it in the back garden so I can use extra bits of track which wouldn't fit in the sewing room last year. Mind you the window cleaner came today and I watered the allotment so the drought will probably break with a huge thunderstorm!

All being well this is the "course with no name" that will challenge the entries tomorrow:
The straights are longer, an extra high bridge has been added plus a length of Scalextric 'dog turd' track. I have also rigged up a couple of Parma controllers to replace the rubbish SCX ones which should give better throttle control.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)