24th-Jul-22, 08:12 AM
(24th-Jul-22, 07:12 AM)Nonfractal Wrote: Disassembly and careful reassembly , especially paying attention to the backlash, run-in and lubrication, will bring quieter running gears.
Thanks, I've been lurking here for a while just never posted.
I'm familiar with blueprinting cars however no amount of adjustment to the mesh is reducing the noise- I've tried several variations of lash. Chassis and pod are flat, the viper has the red pod, motor has been screwed in and hot glued. The pod currently has it's factory white plastic pinion and metal spur.
I've not done any run-in treatments as in my experience it only provides minimal alleviation of noise, and won't fix inherent issues due to poor design/gear quality.
(24th-Jul-22, 07:32 AM)BARacer Wrote: I have never read that you cannot mix and match different manufacturers gears.
Yes some combinations work extremely well, that's exactly the kind of insight I'm after. Have you used any other gears on your scaleauto red pod cars?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)