23rd-Sep-21, 07:50 PM
Hello All
A nice big box of Slot Cars arrived yesterday, courtesy of DHL, and here's a first, I haven't paid for this lot!!!
Unpacked them this evening, and sorted them all into their respective classes, which was very easy with Chief Organiser Graham's colour coded paperwork and class stickers.
They all got a couple of "test" laps, to make sure the journey to me had not caused any problems.
Only one issue to report, the BMW X5 of Woodcote, in Class A - Ninco. Don't worry Andy, it was a simple problem, and fix! The motor had popped out of its mount at the rear, so the gears had no hope! All fixed and ready to go.
Mike's Mitsubishi Pajero, Class D - Scratchbuilt, had been poorly at the previous stage. I thought I could see the problem when I unpacked it, and it seems the rear axle has a tendency to "relocate " itself! Interesting....... Having pulled it down further, it now runs fine, sort of...
You need to be careful on obstacles and if you land to quickly from a decent or jump it often pushes so far up that the gears sound truly awful, and as reported at the previous Stage, it just about crawls forward. The glass and interior also were loose, and moving about, so I've applied a tiny bit of superglue to the front of the interior to keep it from damaging itself, hopefully. I will be careful with it, but at the moment Mike, its good to go.
This is my first time hosting a Proxy event, but I've been running my own club for a few years now, so I'm used to being left in charge of everything!
Stage 6 - Send Scramble, will be Saturday morning.
Stage 7 - The Highs and Lows, will be Sunday morning.
No live coverage, can't keep up with Woodcote!, but will post photos and reports.
Will post some pictures of Stage 6 layout - Send Scramble - tomorrow.
Pip
A nice big box of Slot Cars arrived yesterday, courtesy of DHL, and here's a first, I haven't paid for this lot!!!

Unpacked them this evening, and sorted them all into their respective classes, which was very easy with Chief Organiser Graham's colour coded paperwork and class stickers.
They all got a couple of "test" laps, to make sure the journey to me had not caused any problems.
Only one issue to report, the BMW X5 of Woodcote, in Class A - Ninco. Don't worry Andy, it was a simple problem, and fix! The motor had popped out of its mount at the rear, so the gears had no hope! All fixed and ready to go.
Mike's Mitsubishi Pajero, Class D - Scratchbuilt, had been poorly at the previous stage. I thought I could see the problem when I unpacked it, and it seems the rear axle has a tendency to "relocate " itself! Interesting....... Having pulled it down further, it now runs fine, sort of...
You need to be careful on obstacles and if you land to quickly from a decent or jump it often pushes so far up that the gears sound truly awful, and as reported at the previous Stage, it just about crawls forward. The glass and interior also were loose, and moving about, so I've applied a tiny bit of superglue to the front of the interior to keep it from damaging itself, hopefully. I will be careful with it, but at the moment Mike, its good to go.
This is my first time hosting a Proxy event, but I've been running my own club for a few years now, so I'm used to being left in charge of everything!
Stage 6 - Send Scramble, will be Saturday morning.
Stage 7 - The Highs and Lows, will be Sunday morning.
No live coverage, can't keep up with Woodcote!, but will post photos and reports.
Will post some pictures of Stage 6 layout - Send Scramble - tomorrow.
Pip

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)