8th-Sep-21, 08:32 PM
Well after a period of chassis building, it's time to get on with the BMW Z4...I have decided to go with the 'Sega' body wrap from Pattos rather than the Red Bull livery as I spotted that Carrera have already done that.
Lessons learnt from the Porsche project is that the wrap will not always be a perfect fit to the body you are using, particularly round the fiddly bits of the body. Therefore I am going to try something out on this one that I hope will help disguise any issues that crop up. As the wrap has rather a dark theme, having primed the body first with Halfords plastic primer, I am putting some black paint around all the openings and edges of the body. This means that if the shape of the wrap does not quite match the shape of the body, it should jump out less than if the body was left in the white.
Again, I have bought two sets of wrap, so my first objective will be to maximise the coverage of the wrap and minimise the 'bare' patches.
And just to emphasis this is not a 'Masterclass' in body wrapping, I'm just a learner sharing the process!
Lessons learnt from the Porsche project is that the wrap will not always be a perfect fit to the body you are using, particularly round the fiddly bits of the body. Therefore I am going to try something out on this one that I hope will help disguise any issues that crop up. As the wrap has rather a dark theme, having primed the body first with Halfords plastic primer, I am putting some black paint around all the openings and edges of the body. This means that if the shape of the wrap does not quite match the shape of the body, it should jump out less than if the body was left in the white.
Again, I have bought two sets of wrap, so my first objective will be to maximise the coverage of the wrap and minimise the 'bare' patches.
And just to emphasis this is not a 'Masterclass' in body wrapping, I'm just a learner sharing the process!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)