Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
IT'S ALIVE!!! I've got the electrics going, and done a few laps...IT'S FUN!!! I still have to put up the guard rails, tape the lane colours, design, and build the timing gantry, and hook up the timing system. I've got the bad habit of getting sloppy when things get close to finished...I have promised myself to take my time with the timing gantry...it needs to be precise for the timing lights to align...patience Doug, PATIENCE!!!
(This post was last modified: 23rd-May-22, 08:10 PM by
fotodoug2.)
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Patience is difficult when a nice track, like yours, comes alive.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Forget about painting the lanes, why don't you just number them...
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
(24th-May-22, 06:18 PM)BARacer Wrote: Forget about painting the lanes, why don't you just number them...
I don't paint the slot, I just use pin stripping tape and run it next to the copper stuff!
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
and the tape does not lift with racing?
•
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
I did that on my track in Vancouver...after 5 years and 1000's of laps...no!
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Doug invited me to run a few laps on his new track tonight after supper.
It should be a fun evening.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Doug's track is a blast! Lots of fun swooping around the room!
Looking forward to the next race session.
Thanks a million, Doug!
Cheers,
Ken
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
![[Image: hFweKLM.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/hFweKLM.jpg)
Will be back in Toronto mid January...looking forward to get some racing going!