Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Hi everybody.
Last week I painted my last batch of Tarn Models figures (before named Tarn Model Foundry).
After several years of staying in their blister packs, they are finished now.
Here are some photos of the painting process:
rallyhub
Tarn Models figures still in their blister packs. The figures are glued together.
After degreasing a layer of white primer was applied. The painting of the figures.
The Lancia 037 of Belgian Patrick Snijers in front of 5,4,3,2,1, Go!!!
the Ford RS200 of fellow countryman Robert Droogmans.
The figures of Tarn Models finally placed on the track.
11 members Like rallyhub's post:11 members Like rallyhub's post
• ePilot, Ron Trackside, Anthony B, GT Sprite, woodcote, Scuderia_Turini, CMOTD, 964rh, BAracer, JasonB, Gordon Steadman
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Nicely done Hub.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Hub,
Great job on those - and your others.
The arrival of the Tarn figures was a significant moment in the history of slot-racing scenery - especially rally oriented scenery.
Lawrence produced a couple of figures from the Italian Job movie (1968). I hoped for a Charlie Croker and others but sadly the Tarn Model Foundry ceased production. I got the pre-painted models. (Gold ingots are my own production.)
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(15th-Dec-20, 05:35 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: The arrival of the Tarn figures was a significant moment in the history of slot-racing scenery - especially rally oriented scenery.
That is absolutely true.
Lawrence did an excellent job, for which I am still grateful to him.
rallyhub
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
(15th-Dec-20, 05:35 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Lawrence produced a couple of figures from the Italian Job movie (1968). I hoped for a Charlie Croker and others but sadly the Tarn Model Foundry ceased production. I got the pre-painted models. (Gold ingots are my own production.)
Leo
Ah that explains something. Fluff has the mould for the blue painted figures on the left. It doesn't include the baseball bat, which presumably was a separate mould so it looked just like an Airfix soldier and he didn't bother to cast any.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Brian,
It seemed a bit odd as the I-T figures would only have a limited appeal so I suspect that they were a personal thing of Lawrence's or perhaps done as a favour for someone.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(16th-Dec-20, 12:39 PM)MOTD Wrote: so it looked just like an Airfix soldier.
What immediately struck me about Lawrence's first figures was the difference between their well shaped heads and less detailed bodies.
Later figures had an improved shape and detailing of the bodies.
I think his figures were also closer to 1:35 scale than 1:32.
Maybe he has used existing figures as a basis.
Be that as it may, it was high time that new slot racing/rally figures were introduced and he did.
I hope Fluff will introduce new figures soon.
rallyhub
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
(16th-Dec-20, 06:49 PM)rallyhub Wrote: ...
I hope Fluff will introduce new figures soon.
rallyhub 
Charlie Croker? Beckerman? Lorna? Camp Freddie? Mr Bridger? Big William? Miss Peach? Etcetera, Etcetera?
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
It's a big learning curve and new figures are a bit tricky ,so will be a while yet ,not only that it's cold in the shed and stuff takes ages to set of dry
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(17th-Dec-20, 05:05 PM)Fluff Wrote: Hey, I'm just sticking to motor sport figures guys .
Hi Fluff,
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Some more different spectators would be very nice.
They could be useable for both; race and rally tracks.
Success with the creation of your new figures.
rallyhub
•