artomotive

Classic cars, defined by the human hand

All Scale Plans | Car Model April 1966 | Drawn by Jim Ison

Chaparral 2C

Y OU'LL HAVE TO LOOK a long way before you can find a sports car buff who won't agree that Jim Hall, Hap Sharp and their car of the winning ways, the Chaparral, has had a tremendous impact on racing. At the recent Kent, Washington race, the latest version of the Chaparral, which Jim calls the 2C, made its maiden appearance.

The engine and drive train are supposedly the same as in the previous models, but there have been rumors that a third speed was added to the automatic transmission. Where the older cars used all plastic frames, the material has been switched to aluminum in a structure of similar design. The effect is that 199 lbs. have been saved, although it's admitted that the new one isn't quite as strong as its ancestors. The 2C is smaller.

Cox Chaparral 2C box art

The reduced frontal area is at least partly responsible for its fantastic performance, but the lower center of gravity also contributes much. The width is about 6 inches less than the older Chaps. Still retained is the big brute 327 inch Chevy that delivers well over 400 hp! But the outstanding feature of the new car, the one that seems to have everyone bedazzled and arguing about its real intent, is the adjustable airfoil at the rear. No one seems to know whether it's for better braking, or simply to keep the rear end down on the road where it belongs.

It's not quite right to say that no one knows—you can bet your bottom buck that Jim Hall and his crew do and they'll get the most use out of it too, but they're not talking. They have a disconcerting way of winning —disconcerting to the competition, that is. And they got off to a great start at Kent by sweeping the competition into the dust. Jim took first place in the race, followed by Hap Sharp driving the older Chaparral in second place.

Car Model

Chaparral 2C

Chaparral 2C technical drawing
Car Model

Chaparral 2E

Chaparral 2E technical drawing

All Scale Plans | Car Model April 1966 | Drawn by Jim Ison

Chaparral 2E

J IM HALL, the Midland Midas has done it again —this time with a "flipper" version of his famous Chaparrals that is so fearsome looking, the opposition was in trouble psychologically before the race even began. The purpose of the flipper —a huge, hydraulically operated airfoil- is, of course, to improve the driver's control over the car, and to achieve that goal of every racer —more speed.

According to Pete Brock, well known racing authority and writer for Competition Press & Autoweek, the flipper creates greater tire adhesion, hence greater stability and speed. The wing is flipped to various positions for different effects —but all with that same "more speed" aim.

Getting back to Stardust, a brace of 2-E's were entered, one driven by Phil Hill and the other by Jim Hall. Because of superior speed in the trials, both Chappies had captured the front row with ease, but unfortunately for them, they weren't able to hold the position for long, once the starter's flag dropped and the field roared off. Hall got away quickly; Hill was a bit slow on the start. By turn 2, however, Surtees had shot through a gap or two and had taken the lead.

Cox Chaparral 2E box art

Although no one could have known it at that moment, he was never to be headed for the entire race. On the very first lap, the Chaparral's troubles began with Hill's car shedding a piece of the right front. Worse yet, he droped back to 6th spot, trailing a brake cooling duct. Soon after, Hall had to retire when the mounting pad for the spoiler actuating rod pulled out from the base of the wing. Hill, who took a pit stop later in the race to remove the wing, continued to finish 7th. Hall, however, retired permanently from the race after only 4 laps.

Although their performance was disappointing, knowing sports car racers are expecting Hall to work out the bugs if any in his radical design, and come back strong in the near future. The Chaparral 2-E is an unusual car from any angle-and of more than enough interest to warrant a place in every model collection. From the accompanying plans, you can scratchbuild a body to add one to yours.

Car Model

Chaparral Daytona Coupe

Chaparral Daytona Coupe technical drawing

All Scale Plans | Car Model June 1966 | Words by Oscar Kovaleski, Plans by Jim Ison

Chaparral Daytona Coupe

S URRPRISED? You bet we were! Having to take quick leave of Chicago Hobby Trade Show, we jumped on a plane for Florida to race a 427 Cobra with Hal Keck, in the Daytona Continental. We wondered what in the devil this creation of Jim Hall's would look like. We think it turned out pretty well and it looks a lot meaner than the previous Chappys.

Unquestionably one of the most interesting and fastest cars at the race its performance was exceptional, even though it was constantly plagued by the usual gremlins that delight in tormenting the builders of a new machine.

We had many opportunities to stare at it —even managed to get photos and take some quick measurements. At other times, during its many trips back and forth to the hidden garage inside the Daytona track, we just stood and admired it. We ran against it and the other cars in the race, but were no match for either Phil Hill, Jo Bonnier or the Chaparral coupe. We watched as it flew by us gracefully on the straights and through the steeply banked turns at speeds touching 190 mph! But, as we said, it was gremlin haunted. George Gobel, a member of the Chaparral team, told us afterward that the car wasn't really ready for the race. It had been finished only a few days before and the little time remaining didn't permit the usual Hall-Sharp thoroughness. Just give them a little more time and work and this coupe is going to give Ford and Ferrari a hard time!

For a final note about the race, that man handling all of our pit signals for the 16½ hours we lasted before the Cobra's axle broke was Jim Ison, who drew the plans you see here.

Prototype Parade No. 43 | Model Maker October 1952 | Drawn by Maurice Brett & described by G. H. Deason

Cooper Bristol

R ARELY does a racing car "hit the headlines" straight from the drawing-board with such gusto as did the Cooper Bristol, the Formula II contender from the famous Surbiton factory, which has such an amazing record of successes with their products in all the smaller capacity classes. Coupled with the new car, of course, was the name of a driver, new to big time racing, that of gifted Mike Hawthorn of Farnham, a born conductor of racing cars if ever there was one, whose father carries out the tuning of his particular car at the Tourist Trophy Garage at Farnham.

Cooper Bristol sideview painting

Mike Hawthorn's meteoric career has rather tended to overshadow the fact that there are more Cooper Bristols than one; there are in fact a number of these cars in existence, the first of which was completed early this year and underwent initial tests in the hands of John Cooper himself.

The new car was obviously going to be a potent factor in Formula II events, for although the engine chosen for the project is basically a sports unit, of a design which dates back to the B.M.W. of pre-war days, its comparatively modest output would undoubtedly be used to its maximum advantage in a Cooper built chassis, provided that the Cooper road-holding and weight paring were "the mixture as before." The firm had already had considerable experience with fast road cars with engines in the conventional position, in addition to the knowledge gained with the rear engined 500s and 1,000s, so the betting was on the sum working out right first time. The Easter Goodwood meeting dispelled any doubts about the matter, and was the occasion of Hawthorn's sensational debut into the bargain. Having only received his new car a few days before the event, he won the Lavant Cup and the Chichester Cup races, the former, a Cooper Bristol one, two, three victory with Alan Brown and Eric Brandon second and third, and rounded off his day by saucily finishing second to Gonzalez and the big Ferrari in the Richmond Trophy! Fangio also tried his hand with one of the cars in the Chichester Cup Race, and Alan Brown set the seal on the Cooper reputation by winning the second Easter Handicap. From then onwards the new car has been making headline news all through the season, and although not always enjoying trouble free motoring, has proved without doubt that Surbiton has produced yet another masterpiece.

When seen in comparison with other Formula II cars, the Cooper Bristol immediately creates the impression of being a much smaller machine, and a featherweight at that. In point of fact the wheelbase is some five inches longer than the Connaught, described last month, and the track is also wider. There are minor variations between the various cars built so far, the principal external difference being the pronounced "schnozzle" of an air intake which figures on Mike Hawthorn's car, and also on that of David Murray of Ecurie Ecosse, the Scottish stable, by contrast to the more normally profiled versions driven by Eric Brandon and Alan Brown of Ecurie Richmond. This duct covers a secondary internal tunnel, housing the intakes of the three down-draught carburetters.

Cooper Bristol topview painting

The chassis frame is very typically Cooper, having box section side members as its basis, with an additional tubular structure above it upon which the light tubular body framing is carried, in similar manner to the Half Litre Mark V. Suspension is again a tried and trusted arrangement familiar in the smaller rear-engined racers, using transverse leaf springs and wish-bones, damping being by hydraulic struts. The special radiator element, which incorporates both water and oil cooling sections, is carried forward of the front spring. The fuel tank is carried in the tail, with a large external filler cap.

Wheels are similar to those fitted to the half-litre jobs, of light alloy with ribbed spokes, brake-drums are 10 in. in dia., tyres are 5.50 x 5.00 x 15, and braking is hydraulic on the two leading shoe principle. Steering is by rack and pinion.

The Bristol 4-speed gearbox is controlled by a simple remote lever placed centrally between the driver's legs, and the instrument panel is simple in the extreme, a 4 in. rev. counter in the centre of the engine-turned panel being flanked by two small dials giving water temperature and oil-pressure. The neat steering wheel has engine-turned spokes and a leather-bound rim. The twin rear-view mirrors are enclosed in fairings integral with the scuttle. Two separate three-branch manifolds on the off side lead to short twin tail pipes.

Various colour schemes have been seen, from Mike Hawthorn's original unpainted bodywork, now dark green, to the lighter green of Ecurie Richmond, with contrasting colour band round the radiator opening, while the car I have illustrated is the mid-green Ecurie Ecosse car with the blue cross of St. Andrew on the mesh of the radiator grille.

Model Maker

Cooper Bristol

Cooper Bristol technical drawing
Model Maker

Cooper Norton Mk7

Cooper Norton M7 technical drawing

Prototype Parade No. 51 | Model Maker June 1953 | Drawn & described by C. J. Prebble

Cooper Norton Mk. VII

T HIS year of 1953 heralds more modifications to an original theme adopted by the Cooper Car Company. This model is the seventh of the 500 c.c. range to be produced since its conception in 1946 when the two prototypes were given their first outings. The main idea has not changed since these prototypes, but the method of construction is entirely different and year by year has improved out of all recognition.

The 1953 Mk. VII can be powered by either a single cylinder J.A.P. or Norton engine. The J.A.P. is a 497 c.c. air cooled o.h.v. alloy unit with a bore of 80 mm. and stroke of 99 mm. With a 14 to 1 compression ratio, the engine develops 45 b.h.p. using alcohol fuel.

The other engine, as fitted to the car in the drawing, is the latest Norton power unit which originates from the "featherbed" framed racing motor cycle of that manufacture. With a bore of 79.62 mm, and stroke of 100 mm, the engine gives about 50 b.h.p. at between 6,500 and 7,000 r.p.m. This engine is a twin o.h.c. all alloy unit.

Carburation on both engines is by a single Amal instrument with two pressure fed S.U. float chambers. The primary chain drives either a four-speed Manx Norton or Burman gearbox, the secondary chain runs from this box to a sprocket mounted on an electron case in which the shaft bearings are housed. An A.C. fuel pump is also fitted to this casing, the drive being an eccentric on the sprocket shaft.

Independent rear suspension is fitted and is operated by a transverse leaf spring. No differential is incorporated in the car. The front suspension, too, is independent by wishbone and transverse leaf spring. This year the rack and pinion steering box has been lowered to the same plane as the front wish-bones, thus making it more geometrically correct.

Eight inch Lockheed hydraulic two leading shoe brakes with 1½ in. wide linings are fitted to the front and rear wheels, the cylinders being mounted on cast electron backplates of Cooper manufacture. Electron plays a large part in the construction of the Cooper 500 and 1,100 c.c. cars, one example being the rear wheel carriers, which are cast to accommodate the wheel bearings, wishbone pins and spring shackle pins.

The chassis is constructed of 1½ in. dia. 16 gauge steel tubing, two parallel tubes 9 in. forming the side members, and tied together with cross tubes. The engine is rigidly mounted by electron plates just behind the driver. The method of attaching the rear spring to the chassis has been altered this year, the spring being allowed to move transversely by means of swinging links an unequal distance apart. By this arrangement the body roll on corners causes the rear wheels to lean towards the inside of the corner, thus assuming the correct camber angle for the corner.

On the front the free movement of the spring is curtailed by two stops projecting from the chassis in such a way that when the body rolls beyond the required amount the middle part of the spring is put out of action so giving the effect of a shortened wishbone, keeping the wheels upright in the corners.

The driver's seat has been lowered by about 2 in.; this necessitates the fitting of a complete undertray to the car. The fuel tanks are situated in the side panels of the car, two in the front and two in the rear. In the case of the "featherbed" Norton and the 1,100 c.c. engine, the oil tank takes the place of the off-side rear fuel tank instead of being situated in front of the engine as in the 500 c.c. J.A.P. and Manx Norton units. The recognition feature of the Mk. VII Cooper with this "featherbed" Norton engine is the presence of a second filler cap for the oil tank on the off-side rear panel.

The body is devoid of any air scoops, the cooling air getting to the engine via slots beside the seat and in the top of the bonnet and leaving via louvres. The engine does not run very hot as the use of alcohol fuel enables the motor to work at lower operating temperatures. Cooper 15 in. dia. electron wheels are fitted with 4.00 in. by 15 in. tyres at the front and 5.00 in. by 15 in. at the rear.

An unusual feature is the fact that the brake drums are cast integral with the wheels. The car only weighs about 550 lb., and with 52 b.h.p. the performance is pretty startling, maximum speed being about 115 m.p.h. The 1,100 c.c. Cooper differs only in the fact that it has a 1,100 c.c. J.A.P. V-twin o.h.v. air cooled engine with a bore of 84 mm. and stroke of 99 mm. The chassis is lengthened 1 in. to accommodate the engine, making the wheel-base 7 ft. 4 in. against 7 ft. 3 in. for the "500". The car is 50 lb. heavier in weight but makes up for it in the fact that the engine develops 95 b.h.p. at 6,000 r.p.m. on a 14 to 1 compression ratio.

The "1,100" looks identical to the "500" save for the twin exhaust pipes and extra filler cap as previously mentioned. 1,100 c.c. cars are generally used in sprints, hill climbs as well as being eligible in the 1,100 c.c. capacity races. At times these cars have out-performed cars of twice and three times their capacity. Several of the cars used for hill climbs are fitted with superchargers.

Model Maker

Cooper 1100

Cooper 1100 technical drawing

Prototype Parade No. 73 | Model Maker April 1956 | Drawn & described by R. Collett

Cooper 1100

T HE Cooper 1100 is an unusual, but nevertheless successful, sports racing car which first appeared on the race tracks at the beginning of the 1955 motor racing season. Although unorthodox when compared with other sports cars the 1100 still bears a close resemblance to previous Coopers since the makers have saved both time and energy by following practices with which they are familiar, and by drawing on their vast experience of 500 c.c. racing and record breaking.

The main features enabling one to trace the car's ancestry are the rear drive layout, the transverse leaf and wishbone suspension, and the streamlined body, which was developed from the half litre record car. It is interesting to note that the tradition of breaking records with Cooper cars was successfully continued during October 1955 when several International Class G records were shattered at Montlhery by a standard model 1100.

Externally the car is fitted with an aerodynamic all-enveloping body, the most unusual feature of which is the "cut-off" tail which gives the car the appearance of having been passed through a sawmill, although in actual fact, the rear end is not flat but concave. There was a twofold reason for adopting this shape; in the first place the vortex created by such an arrangement has an effect which could only be otherwise obtained by the use of 6 ft. of tail to maintain the streamlined shape, and in the second place the stabilising effect of this vortex does away with the necessity for the fins which have been the expedient of other sports car builders. A further unusual feature of the body is that the driver sits in the middle of the car with a headrest behind him and a wrap around windscreen in front. The passenger seat, which R.A.C. Sports Car Regulations require is fitted beneath a hinged and sliding panel on the nearside and carried on outriggers from the main frame.

Internally the car is powered by the currently popular 1100 c.c. Coventry Climax engine which is mounted behind the driver and covered by an extension to the headrest. Air is supplied to the twin semi downdraught carburetters by an airbox fitted to the nearside of this projection. The four cylinders have a bore and stroke of 72.39 mm. and 66.6 mm. respectively, and a compression ratio of 9.75 to 1 resulting in an output of 76 b.h.p. at 6,200 r.p.m. This is sufficient to propel the car at speeds of up to 130 m.p.h. whilst the record breaking car mentioned above reached 140 m.p.h. and still returned a fuel consumption of over 35 m.p.g. The problem of obtaining a suitable gearbox was solved by using the casing from a front wheel drive Citroen and fitting special close-ratio gears supplied by E.R.S.A. of Paris. The final drive ratios depend on which of the three available "cogs" is used in the differential. Gears are changed by a short lever on the driver's right hand.

Cooper 1100 cutaway drawing

Independent suspension consisting of transverse leaf springs and mildsteel wishbone is used on all four wheels, and controlled by telescopic shock absorbers fixed to the wishbones. The hydraulic brakes are 8 in. in diameter and 11 in. wide; the drums are cast integrally with the magnesium wheels. All the machinery and bodywork is carried on a space frame type of chassis which is built up from 1½ in. diameter tubing and consists of two triangulated side members joined at the front and rear by short tubes, and at the centre by two elliptically shaped cross members. The radiator is carried at the front and fed by pipes from a header tank built into the headrest; air is supplied by a scooper in the nose and ducted away after use through slots in the upper and lower panels.

The main dimensions are: wheelbase 7 ft. 5 in. Track, front 3 ft. 9½ in., rear 3 ft. 11 in. Overall length 10 ft. 10 in. Overall width 4 ft. 9 in. Overall height 2 ft. 10 in. Ground clearance 4¾ in. Tyre size, front 4.00 x 15 in.; rear 5.00 x 15 in.

Due to the popularity of the power unit, Coopers decided that superiority in performance must come from ingenious body and chassis design, and there can be no greater proof of their success than the large number of class wins which they have notched up during the past year. Side by side with their development of the 1100 Coopers have also built a Grand Prix car powered by a bored out Bristol engine at 2.2 litres; the major differences between this and the 1100 are that the headlamps have been omitted and the headrest has been raised 4 in. to accommodate the larger engine. Yet another model is envisaged for 1956, this will be a 1100 with the engine bore increased to bring the capacity up to 12 litres. With such a formidable array of cars, the Company can face the coming season with a certain amount of assurance.

Model Maker

Cooper Climax

Cooper Climax technical drawing

Prototype Parade No. 84 | Model Maker April 1958 | Drawn by J. W. Coasby & described by the Editor

Cooper Climax

D AVID beating Goliath in its countless variants is always a good news story, so that Stirling Moss's fantastic achievement in beating the formidable Italian teams entered by Maserati and Ferrari for the Argentine G.P. with Rob Walker's Cooper-Climax, and virtually a private entry at that, attracted world-wide publicity, and started off the 1958 racing season in the best possible way. It is specially pleasing to find that the old winning combination of Moss at the wheel and Alf Francis on the "works" came up trumps again, since Alf is Rob Walker's mechanic these days and went along with the car.

Purists intent on a model of the particular winner will be interested to know that the Walker car seldom, if ever, appears in B.R.G., since the owner has a "thing" against green and prefers his own special brand of dark blue, which is just a little lighter than navy. For quick identification the car has a very narrow band of white which mates up with the white number disc and generally looks rather like a cigar band on the bonnet.

In presenting the Cooper-Climax to our readers we have chosen the 1958 version for drawings and illustration. The car shown is, indeed, in green of a very dark shade matched almost exactly in the 0-my range of cellulose paints. Principal outward difference between this car and the Moss winner is in the adoption of a new front suspension system incorporating Armstrong coil spring-damper units in place of their long attachment to frontal wishbones and transverse springing similar to that retained for rear suspension.

On first sight the car appears so simple as to be within the powers of any competent backyard specials builder. The wrapround body, attached with Dzus clips, can be removed in well under five minutes to reveal the stark tubular welded chassis. It is only after delving deeper that one realises the vast amount of work that has gone to achieving this magnificent simplicity, with ruthless scrapping of every piece that has no vital functional necessity.

Rear located power unit is the Coventry Climax of 1960 c.c., though it is understood that some cars will be strengthened to take a larger version of 2.2 litres, or rather nearer the limit capacity of Formula 1. The popular press have described it as the car with the"fire-pump" engine, since Coventry Climax produced so many examples of light pumps during the war years for use of the then A.F.S., and have subsequently kept up the good work. This is very far from the truth, however, so let no would be specials builder rely on an ex-pump motor as his power unit! Only disturbance of the well streamlined body is the somewhat unsightly blister aft of the driver which houses the Weber carburettors. The back is so full of motor, however, that this compromise must be accepted, just nowhere else for them to go.

Cooper Climax cutaway drawing

Saddle tanks are fitted each side of the driver and are intended to suffice for a modern 200 miles G.P. A third tank can be fitted in the scuttle to bring capacity up to 300 miles, should this be needed. Exhaust pipes are finished in a matt white ceramic style: we are not certain of the effect of racing on it since the car we saw was virtually brand new, there would be presumably some amount of discolouration under heat, as in aircraft where the finish goes a golden brown.

Present style Cooper wheels are worthy of mention. Their original rather stark Elektron castings have been replaced with a curved spoke type, which can be best appreciated by studying the plan in conjunction with photos. For very little increase in weight a considerably stronger wheel results, which should make someone's day producing a model version. The finned brake drums should also be noted. Continental racing tyres are fitted size 5.50 x 15 rear and 4.50 x 15 front on these magnesium wide-spoke wheels of 15 in. diameter.

Steering wheel is another Cooper special, being formed of a fretted out disc of dural to the standard three spokes, the ring being made up with layers of unpolished wood above and below bolted to the ring. Instruments are black with white numbers and supplied by Smiths.

Windscreen is the usual modern wrapround type, divided into three pieces to facilitate body removal. Frontal curve is one piece, up to just in front of filler caps, then short straight lengths going back to rear, with a slip over clip to hold the parts in line. Seat is a plain aircraft type, resting virtually on the floor, so that one sits in close proximity to fast moving concrete below. Usual three pedals are provided, with a fourth dummy pedal for driver to rest his clutch foot upon and not be tempted to repose on clutch pedal with possible disastrous results.

Model Cars

Cooper Monaco

Cooper Monaco technical drawing

Prototype Parade No. 194 | Model Cars August 1965 | Drawn & described by Eric Clark

Cooper Monaco Type 63

T HE Cooper Monaco first appeared on the racing circuits in 1959, but in 1963 the Cooper Car Company Ltd. produced this improved version the Type 61 as depicted in the plan. This car was designed originally for the Coventry Climax 2.7 litre engine (the engine built for Jack Brabham to race with at Indianapolis in 1961), the Coventry Climax engine gave 250 b.h.p. at 6,200 r.p.m.

The chassis was made adaptable to take various American engines such as the Ford, Buick and Chevrolet V8's. The 1963 Monaco is consistent with most modern sports cars in having the engine rear mounted (mid-engined would be more correct), and although not very graceful in appearance the Monaco is certainly a very compact machine.

With a weight of only 11 cwt., less fuel and driver, 180 m.p.h. is claimed and as the suspension is based on Fl experience the car can not be taken lightly by any opposition.

The chassis is of tubular space frame type, wide at the centre to accommodate the two seats. The fuel tanks, holding a combined 28 gallons, are mounted outside the space frame on each side. Body work is of aluminium welded together into a rather stumpy machine, with a typical Cooper front and the tail cut off short but neatly rounded. Cooper were the first to adopt the blunt tail, in reaction to the theory that, for a smoothly tapered tail to be effective aerodynamically, it would need to be over 20 feet long ! The front wings were originally of an unusual shape, being shaped like an elbow, but this set up disturbing eddies of air round the cockpit so the wings were redesigned as depicted in the plan. The ducts in the nose direct cooling air onto the disc brakes. A large convex shaped screen is fitted merging the nose and the higher engine cover into one good aerodynamic shape.

Suspension is by unequal length wishbones at the front and rear with coil spring/damper units, large splined drive shafts are fitted to take the drive to the rear wheels and are nearly identical to the 1962 Cooper F.1 car. The Coventry Climax engine is inclined 30 degrees to the right and a 7½ inch twin plate clutch and five speed gearbox incorporating ZF differentials is fitted.

Wheels are the usual Cooper magnesium bolt on type and on the prototype the front tyres were Dunlop 5.00 x 15 and the rear 6.50 x 15. Steering is by rack and pinion. All this combines into a rather small sports car but with a good size in wheelbase and track, the wheelbase being identical to the 1962 F1 car of 7 foot 7 inches, but the track is wider at 4 foot 6 inches front and back.

In the United States many of these cars have been fitted with Ford V8 engines, sometimes being called King Cobras or various other names, especially by the people they beat ! Some of the Monacos in U.S.A. have minor variations in wheel-base and rear track, also the size of the wheels and tyres is altered. Many louvres, scoops and fillers are often added to personal taste.

The Cooper Monaco holds the track record at the time of writing, for the following circuits in England: Chilton Park and Silverstone in the 2,500 to 3,000 c.c. Class, Crystal Palace in the same class and also a Chevrolet powered Cooper Monaco holds the Crystal Palace record in the over 3,000 c.c. Class.

Colour of Prototype Dark Green with two white stripes down bonnet.

Principal Dimensions Wheelbase 7 ft. 7 in. Front Track 4 ft. 4 in. Rear Track 4 ft. 4 in. Height 2 ft. 7½ in. Length 12 ft. 1 in. Ground Clearance 4¾ in. Maximum Width 5 ft. 6 in. Front Tyres 5.00 x 15. Rear Tyres 6.50 x 15.