Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodwood Revival 2021

Fancy stepping back in time to the heyday of post-war British motor racing? Thanks to Lord March and the good people of West Sussex, you can. The 2021 Goodwood Revival Meeting takes place this weekend. In fact, the 'Over the Road' entertainment area will be opening about now. Action on the track starts Friday morning with all the practice and qualifying sessions and then a one-hour twilight race for early 60s GT cars - the Stirling Moss Memorial Trophy.

The full timetable is here: https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/good...timetable/

And you can download a pdf of the entry list here: https://www.goodwood.com/globalassets/.r...021-v3.pdf

The crowds will be back this year - although not in quite the same numbers as usual. The full event will be available to view online and via some highlights programmes on ITV. Details of the coverage is here: https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-cover...d-revival/

I'll be popping along tomorrow - so I'll give you a wave and take a few pictures to post here. Looks like the weather will be okay. Fingers-crossed....

[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

The revival is an amazing experience 

We went a few years ago, me dressed in my grandfathers old army uniform and my wife in a 40’s get up.

I’ve never been into the fancy dress thing but if you were in normal clothes you were the odd one out.

Great atmosphere and some of the best racing I’ve ever seen, 250GTO’s actually being raced like they aren’t multi million pound cars, e types, minis, Galaxies etc

Can’t wait to go ago but saving it till my little boy is old enough and I can draw him up like a chimney sweep/street urchin  Bigsmile

'I think I may be a collector?!?!'

Update after house move - I am a collector!
[+] 2 members Like 964rh's post

It is thrilling to see the cars driven so hard. It’s what their owners want, not museum pieces. You get to see all that on TV, but being there is something quite special. There are lots of things for youngsters to see and do - as well as watching the racing. I was two years old when I was first taken to Silverstone for an F1 race… and I was hooked. However, I would recommend good 21st century ear protection…

The dressing up is fun, although some people really go to town. Those who don’t make any attempt at all do stick out like sore thumbs. My overalls and flat cap got dug out and dusted down a few days ago. The whole buzz around the circuit and the airfield is just brilliant. I’d better get some sleep - it’s a long day tomorrow.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Are you nearly there yet?

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

What a great day. Watched the livestreaming from beginning to end. Rivetting.
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post

It was a great day. The live stream looked good from what we could see on the big screens around the circuit - and we get the same audio via the Goodwood radio and app. Lots of action, lots of fabulous cars, perfect weather (not too hot, not too cold) - and brilliant to be back.

One highlight was the amazing collection of UK-based hot rods...

They did a demo first thing and then were displayed in their own area. In the past, there have been up to half a dozen 'rat rods' in Gasoline Alley - but some serious effort was made to get these hot rods together this year...

Another stunning collection were a room full of homologation special road cars, including this Lancia Delta S4 and Sierra RS500. There were some very special cars there.

But the whole point of Goodwood is that it's a museum in action...

The Attila below lasted less than two laps and caused the Whitsun Trophy session to be red flagged...

Having looked round the paddock and successfully met up with the various people we'd planned to meet up with, it was time for the five-hour anti-clockwise walk round the circuit...

The Minis were sensational through Lavant - no braking at all - and the little front-engined Formula Juniors were pulling of some exciting moves into the left-hander at St Mary's. The big pre-war cars were brilliant to watch flat-out and leaning round Fordwater...

And this shot of the start straight during the afternoon confirms numbers were quite a bit down on usual - but that wasn't a bad thing. Most people do tend to stay around the start and the paddock, so the rest of the circuit was pretty empty. That meant queues were almost non-existent and it was simple to practice good social-distancing. A few masks were seen in the busier parts and indoor areas (but not many, to be honest) and free tubes of fancy sanitiser were being handed out - as well as 'sanitising stations' in the busy parts. Apart from the usual A27 morning congestion at Arundel, it was straight in and park and then no queue when we left at 8pm - after a wander around the entertainment field. I'm guessing the next two days will be busier, but there are still afternoon tickets available both days for £25.

I'm looking forward to watching the racing on live stream from the comfort of my own home. Sounds like there will be rain on Sunday afternoon for the second St Mary's race and the TT - not great for the big Cobras and 'Vettes.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Quote:but there are still afternoon tickets available both days for £25.

? Is that a new thing? They've said on the live stream that it has been totally sold out for ages.

The ticketing page on the website has all-day tickets for Sunday at £85, afternoon for £45 and 'over the road' for £25.

Click through from here: https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goodwood-revival/

The afternoon and 'over the road' tickets are new this year. As usual, tickets are not available to buy on the gate, but pre-paid tickets can be picked up there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
2nd-Jan-22, 09:22 AM
Last Post by autoavia
26th-Aug-21, 10:35 AM
Last Post by rallyhub
15th-Aug-21, 08:08 AM