What have we got for you in this week’s Digest?
- BRM 1:24 Scale VW Scirocco These prototypes are the first look at the forthcoming BRM Scirocco, expected at the end of next month. You can see more pictures over on the forum as part of a thread showcasing all the 2022 BRM new releases.
- Revoslot Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GTA Due to arrive in the next couple of weeks are these spectacular 1:32 scale Trans-Am Alfa Romeos from Revoslot. You can see more images and join the excitement about these cars over on the forum.
- Avant Slot Ferrari 308 GTB Two new rally liveries will be released on the Avant Slot 308 GTB at the end of the summer. There’s the 1984 Spanish Championship winner and a 1983 Monte Carlo car. You can read more in the News section of the forum.
- Racing Replicas Elva Courier Pete Shepherd has added this rather lovely Elva Courier to his growing range of classic production sports cars. Available soon as a hand-finished ready-to-run slot car or a build-it-yourself kit – you can discover more on the forum.
- Slot.it Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Also available now is this muscular addition to the GT3 grid. Slot.it have just released their studio shots of the model – and you see them all over on the forum, together with a close look at the real KCMG GT-R.
- NSR Professional Chassis Flattener A new product from NSR allows you to straighten a warped chassis without a trip to the kitchen. The big questions is, will it also cook your breakfast?
- Abergavenny Summer Stages This one day event took place on Sunday. Keep an eye on the forum thread over the next few days for all the results and plenty of images.
Feature: Proxy Racing
- Want to Find a Proxy Race? Take Your Pick SlotRacer has hosted coverage of proxy races in 1:32, 1:43 and HO scales – and there’s bound to be a 1:24 event before too long! Most of the events have been in the UK, but there’s also a smattering in North America and forum members have reported on their exploits down-under. You can find it all in the Proxy Racing forum.
- SlotRacer Supports Proxy Racing We offer organisers of proxy events a place to publicise their race, attach and update rules and – of course – present full multi-media coverage. We are here to advise and to help – and will even send you some Proxy stickers to send to all the entrants.
- Summer Grand Prix Proxy This ten-race event on home and club tracks is in full-flow. Part of the UK Triple-Crown series, you can catch-up on the coverage of the most recent round in Plymouth over on the forum.
- HO Drag Racing June 2022 – The Inline Show Almost real-time coverage of this event kept racers and spectators enthralled last Tuesday and Wednesday. There’s more action from this UK-based series in September.
- Triple Crown Builds It’s not just about the racing. Entrants also share details of their builds and show off some sensational cars. Take a look at this thread to find out what it’s all about.
- Extreme Slotting 2022 A follow-up to last year’s inaugural off-road event, there’s still time to get your entries in. Running on various layouts constructed with Ninco and SCX off-road sections, this event is more about handling than raw speed. Expect to see Dakar-style cars from Ninco, SCX, MSC, Avant Slot and more esoteric brands and scratch-builds.
- EV Triathlon Proxy As well as series and multi-venue events, there are one-off proxies that often cater for single-makes of car. Leo’s EV Triathlon was a memorable example, featuring the Scalextric Jaguar i-Pace models. The triathlon consisted of a rally stage a road course sprint and a drag race. It’s a perfect template for a proxy.
- 2022 GT3 Slot Car Proxy Shootout SlotRacer members attempted to join big-time proxy racing with the fabulous international GT3 event. Cgyracer’s coverage of proxy racing is second to none, but sadly the same could not be said of some of the UK racer’s car building skills!
Preview: Festival of Speed
- Festival of Speed Website This is your hub for everything to do with the Festival of Speed – tickets, schedule, highlights, news features, new model launches and a gift shop!
- YouTube Live Stream You can follow all the action – and get a flavour of the atmosphere – on the Goodwood Road & Racing YouTube Channel. The coverage starts on Thursday morning and runs through to Sunday evening.
- The Festival of Speed Story The first Festival of Speed was held at Goodwood House in 1993 and was the first step in restoring motor racing to its rightful place in West Sussex. You can read the full story over on the Top Speed website.
- SlotRacer Forum There’s a thread on the forum to share your highlights of the Festival, whether you visit Goodwood or discover images or video clips that need a wider audience.
- Canadian Grand Prix A wet qualifying session and engine penalties gave an unusual top six on the grid for the Canadian Grand Prix. Could Max continue his amazing run of form in Sunday’s summer sunshine? You can find out on the F1 website.
- GT World Challenge Zandvoort Two sprint races over the weekend – and the championship leaders went from zeros on Saturday to heroes 24-hours later. Zandvoort is a tricky circuit for overtaking, but the highlights will certainly be worth a look.
- Knoxville Nascar Truck Series No Cup series race this weekend, but the trucks were racing on the dirt at Knoxville. You can watch extended highlights on the Nascar YouTube Channel.
- Donegal International Rally Donegal has been hosting its iconic tarmac rally for fifty years. Usually dominated by local crews, only three drivers from beyond the British Isles have tasted victory – Ari Vatanen, Achim Warmbold and our man Sébastien Loeb. This year saw a fabulous battle for the anniversary win. You can see more great images on the Pacenotes Facebook page.