Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy - Nostalgia Nationals - CANCELLED

** This event has now been cancelled. I hope to arrange some 2023 dates in due course **

The UK Nostalgia Nationals was to be the final event in a slightly extended 2022 schedule at the Rock County Eighth Mile. In January 2023, we'll mostly be running cars with pre-1979 bodies - the one exception is our regular Micro Scalextric Street Stock class. The regulations and format are in the 'UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2022 Preview' thread here.

These are the classes we'll be running...
  • Micro Scalextric Street Stock
  • Nostalgia Micro Scalextric 2019 - pre-79 bodies
  • Nostalgia 4-Gear - e.g. 60s & 70s Funny Car bodies
  • Nostalgia T-Jet - e.g. Gasser, Hot Rod & Super Stock bodies
  • Nostalgia X-Traction / Magnatraction - e.g. 70s Pro Stock bodies
  • Nostalgia match racing & exhibitions very welcome - post your challenges below!

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power is set at 12 volts and 8 amps across the two lanes. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single push button switch firing a relay board. Timing is via Trackmate Drag Basic. After the finish line, there is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

The Format: The events runs mid-week on Tuesday and Wednesday, with coverage of qualifying and racing during both days.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton at least 72 hours before the first day of the event, so they can be quarantined (if necessary) and then registered for qualifying. Please also pack in a small box - max height 7.5cm if possible. These races are designed to be Covid-safe events that are accessible to everyone. You may - of course - send cars for several races or the full duration of the series  - just let me know.

How to enter: Send me a private message or add a reply below. One car per class may be entered per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Overseas entrants must talk to me about customs forms on their parcels! The recipient (me) will normally be charged 20% of the stated value of the parcel, plus an £8 handling fee. As cars sent to these races are not commercial goods, I need to explain how to alert UK customs to this fact and avoid those fees.

Entries Race #19 - Nostalgia Nationals - 10-11 January 2023

Micro Scalextric Street Stock:

Nostalgia Micro Scalextric 2019

Nostalgia 4-Gear:

Nostalgia T-Jet:

Nostalgia X-Traction / Magnatraction
:

Nostalgia match racing & exhibitions
:
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

That is great news. It was going to be a real struggle to get some cars there in time. 

Got the parts to fix my timing system.  Just need to put it all back together.

Having another couple of months to get everything together will be a major blessing.
[+] 3 members Like $Bill's post

Put me in for all classes please!

Who would be in for matchraces with IFA and classical Tjet Aurora slim tires? If yes I have a car for both classes.

Nico
[+] 1 member Likes nkarres's post

What is IFA?
[+] 1 member Likes $Bill's post

Independend Front Axle

Nico
[+] 3 members Like nkarres's post

That makes sense now. Thanks
[+] 1 member Likes $Bill's post
Car 

I'm in too, hopefully the post office will play along this time. As a precaution, the vehicles are already temporarily parked at Nico ;-)

Checkeredflag Checkeredflag Checkeredflag
[+] 2 members Like HORNET Alex's post

I had hoped to run this in January, but now need to cancel the event.

If you've already posted your cars, I will return them at no cost to the entrant.

If I am able to run some events in 2023, I'll announce those dates in due course.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
26th-Jan-23, 09:51 AM
Last Post by Graham
17th-Jan-23, 05:44 PM
Last Post by Kevan
14th-Dec-22, 12:02 PM