Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chassis

I would like to try a scratch build but not interested at this point to go completely crazy w/it.

I have a plastic model 1/32 32 ford coupe that I want to hot road and was wondering if there is a ready to go (or close) adjustable chassis that I could get to mount the body on. 

Running a Carrera Digital track (thinking about Slot-Tech to switch to analog). 

Thanks!

Hello Mr LHP,

The 32 Ford is very narrow at the front. It's hard to hide a pre-made chassis under it. Policar makes a narrow assembled rear chassis section for F1. It might be possible to adapt something scratch built for the front and fit it to your body.

It's available at Pendle Slot Racing.

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/polic...-gear.html

I went the complete scratch built way and still had a hard time hiding the chassis. The front axle almost lines up with the grill on the real car. I had to move the guide behind the axle.

Best of luck with your 32 Ford! I look forward to seeing it.

Ken
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post

That is sweet!! Nice job!
[+] 1 member Likes LastHobbyPromise's post

Mr. LHP,

You are very kindly.

Here is a build thread on the 32-Ford for your review. I hope it inspires you, and you find something useful.

https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1706
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

(17th-Apr-21, 04:37 PM)LastHobbyPromise Wrote:  I would like to try a scratch build but not interested at this point to go completely crazy w/it.

I have a plastic model 1/32 32 ford coupe that I want to hot road and was wondering if there is a ready to go (or close) adjustable chassis that I could get to mount the body on. 

Running a Carrera Digital track (thinking about Slot-Tech to switch to analog). 

Thanks!

Have a look at the range of chassis available from Penelope Pitlane (particularly the F1 chassis', which will fit the Ford nicely). There is a good range from a bare metal chassis. all the way up to kits with wheels/motors/gears/tyres etc. The chassis run well, and are a good place to start, for the less experienced scratchbuilder.

Pendle, (as well as others) carry a very good range of PP chassis.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post

This has a PCS chassis with the sides trimmed down to match the body, you can also use a Slot Classic chassis and perhaps not have to trim anything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 members Like Mitch58's post

The other alternative would be a 3D printed chassis. Amato Slot Car Design and J May who are in the traders section of the forum both produce adjustable chassis. If you can't work out what you need from their product list just drop them a message with the dimensions of the body and I am sure either of them will be happy to give advice on the best match for your body.
[+] 1 member Likes autoavia's post

(18th-Apr-21, 09:18 AM)autoavia Wrote:  The other alternative would be a 3D printed chassis. Amato Slot Car Design and J May who are in the traders section of the forum both produce adjustable chassis. If you can't work out what you need from their product list just drop them a message with the dimensions of the body and I am sure either of them will be happy to give advice on the best match for your body.

John May has been known to print a chassis to your dimensions if spoken to nicely, I have one produced by him for my Trabant.
[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post

John is very helpful and  printed a custom chassis for my MRRC Kellison body but as he only lives a few mins drive away it was easier to take the body to him than try to measure it up myself.

Mr. LHP,

There is another way to make a static car run. But it's not pretty. Find an old $10 car in your classifieds and chop up the chassis until it fits. It won't break any land-speed records. But it may get your 32-Ford around the track.

This is my first attempt at scratch building years ago. It's an old Eldon body on an outdated chopped up Hornsby chassis. Aluminum wheels were added. The car in the background on the left is similar to the doner. It was a simple solution to a missing Eldon chassis at the time.

[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
1st-May-21, 01:51 AM
Last Post by 964rh
27th-Apr-21, 08:38 AM
Last Post by BARacer
29th-Jan-21, 11:51 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
8th-Jan-21, 02:36 PM
Last Post by Fluff