Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(11th-Sep-26, 12:27 PM)Graham Wrote: I am shortly embarking on my vacation, on the issue of the inclusion of Front engined F1/indy cars of the early 60's, so far has not been a "veto" from any of the Registered Entrants.
So my further thoughts on this is that although these Front engined cars only ran in the earliest years (until 1962 ?) they can be included but they should have the dimentional aspects with that of the Front engined cars.
So if the proposal is adopted the following restrictions would specifically apply to these models: Max Tyre width 8mm, Axle/Tyre Max width (track) 53mm, Track clearance min 2mm, rear wheel/tyre diameter 21mm. Additionally only cars fitted with a Slimline motor would be permitted (Cartrix models with S-Can Motors would not be permitted)
There is a limited list of Front engine GP cars which were racing in the 60's.
As far as I am aware:
Ferrari Dino 246
Maserati 250F
Scarab
Aston Martin DBR5
BRM P45 & P25
Lotus 16 - Climax
Vanwall
Fergusson P99-Climax
Watson Roadster
So only these GP models would be permitted
The proposal has been rejected
(This post was last modified: 11th-Sep-26, 08:53 PM by
Graham.)
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
By who?
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Ignore that question, I've seen the post on HRW
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I received a message today from a potential new entrant who raised one or two issues which I felt was necessary to clarify within the rules. I have done this with the following clarifications made:
G1) Mass produced RTR except those listed (G3) eg Scalextric, Carrera, SCX, Fly, Revell-Monogram, MRRC, Ninco, MRSlotcar etc. Free choice of motor mounts, axles, wheels, guides and gears etc.
G3) Slot it, Policar, NSR, Thunderslot, Scaleauto bodies and chassis are NOT permitted. Motor Mounts/pods or other mechanical parts are permitted.
C1) Chassis types:
Standard/ Modified – RTR permitted ( except Slot it/Policar, NSR, Thunderslot or Scaleauto), modified RTR chassis (except those listed above), any branded universal, 3d printed, MRSlotcar, Resin cast, Plasticard fabricated or Penelope Pitlane folded Etched Nickel.
And I had mispelt MRSlotcar which I have corrected
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Entry Car Entry Registration Update
•
Posts: 572
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 726
Joined: Mar 2021
#3 250SWB Ferrari will be my final entry for the hardtop class
(This post was last modified:
Today, 12:00 AM by
Brumos RSR.)
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
It's exciting to see a lot of new names appearing on the entrants list, I'm really looking forward to seeing the cars that appear
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•