Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
To help plump up the F1 event entries, I'll cancel my Event 3 Touring entry and opt instead for an Event 4 F1 entry.
...after rummaging, pondering and ebaying, it seems I already have a car nearly ready for that event.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 5th-Apr-26, 05:36 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 4,020
Threads: 685
Likes Received: 9,014 in 3,104 posts
Likes Given: 9,336
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Definitely a prototype. Possibly a small saloon (not necessarily the Abarth). And I am very tempted to build up a Penelope Pitlane chassis for the single seaters… Two of those three TBC.
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(5th-Apr-26, 05:21 PM)woodcote Wrote: Definitely a prototype. Possibly a small saloon (not necessarily the Abarth). And I am very tempted to build up a Penelope Pitlane chassis for the single seaters… Two of those three TBC.
Thats fine, really this list is just to identify the level of interest firstly in the Proxy overall, and then secondarily the Events proposed.
When we get to the Registration stage I would expect to firm up actual entries.
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Event 2 Body width
Having just got hold of a MRRC & Fly Lola MKII to measure, I believe that the Max body width for Event 2 should be 62mm instead of 60mm.
So both these models are acceptable
(This post was last modified: 7th-Apr-26, 12:26 PM by
Graham.)
•
Posts: 47
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 74 in 28 posts
Likes Given: 29
Joined: Aug 2020
Location Northern VA, USA
For the open wheel "Event 4" cars is there a max rear track (sidewall to sidewall)?
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(7th-Apr-26, 12:20 PM)73emgee Wrote: For the open wheel "Event 4" cars is there a max rear track (sidewall to sidewall)?
A very good point Bob, body width is abit nonsence in that regard, so I have clarified that point in the table of the dimensions in the rules.
CORRECTED Should now read " 55mm Outer tyre wall width (track)" for Event 4
(This post was last modified: 8th-Apr-26, 07:27 AM by
Graham.)
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I presumed that was 55mm as CSCRA is 54mm for this era F1's
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(7th-Apr-26, 02:11 PM)Kevan Wrote: I presumed that was 55mm as CSCRA is 54mm for this era F1's
Opps yes should have been 55mm not 57mm
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I am near to allowing the MR Slotman cars in the Event 1 RTR class, I have been testing mine over the weekend and compared to other modified RTR models does not seem to present an unfair advantage.
Rumour has it that the Ferrari 250 SWB will be released soon and I believe the cars will be reasonably in Scale width to be regarded in that class. Although the chassis is metal, they are technically “mass produced” as off the shelf RTR cars.
So if there is any opposition then please let me know.
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
As long as the bodywork is within 57mm it'd be a pleasure to see them in the proxy.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•